Renovation of a travel bug

WaxyMocha

Hi, I have found TB and part of it, laminated piece of paper to be exact, is starting to deteriorate and I have laminator so I can try to pull paper off old casing and put it in new one, but I don't know if this wouldn't be against rules :(. What should I do? Let it live it's life or extend it?

35 minutes ago, WaxyMocha said:

Hi, I have found TB and part of it, laminated piece of paper to be exact, is starting to deteriorate and I have laminator so I can try to pull paper off old casing and put it in new one, but I don't know if this wouldn't be against rules :(. What should I do? Let it live it's life or extend it?

You don't have a trackable logged as found on your profile.  There a reason you haven't logged it yet ?  

Would be nice to see it  (by it's Reference number) so we could see how past finders have been handling it.  

Is the "part" of it a goal/mission for it, or is it the trackable itself (just a laminated paper with the code)?

Like RuideAlmeida, I'd attempt to email the Trackable Owner and ask them what they'd like done with it first.  :)

If no response for a while, I might help the trackable from further damage by just placing it in a baggie that fits it well and move it along.

Also might re-write a mission statement (and laminate it) if the TO responds, rather than "try to" fix what's there, and mention it in my log when dropped. 

- We'll only repair if the TO responds.  It's not ours.

On 5/3/2019 at 10:57 AM, cerberus1 said:

Also might re-write a mission statement (and laminate it)

I do this with most of the TB's I pick up, and my own that I release.  I have business card size pouches, and I type up a summary card (TB Name, Owner, Date and place released, and the mission) and attach that to the TB.  If there is already a card or other mission attached, I'll leave it alone, unless it needs obvious attention.

I like to know a TB's mission before I take it; it's not always convenient to look it up on the spot, and it's nice to be able to see a quick mission statement so I can decide if I want to or am able to help it along.  I figure some cachers are like me and will appreciate the tags I make.  They won't last forever, but they may help for a time.