View Logbook

6 minutes ago, Dontquityourdayjob said:

I just got email "Six geocache outing planning mistakes you don’t know you are making". First topic is to look at the cache's logbook. Instructions say "Click “View Logbook” just above the logs on cache details and easily view all logs" And I cannot find that place on my app? 

It's not on the app, it's on the website cache page just above the logs:

image.png.579aa1ac2a9ab895e2038697195fd5b5.png

20 minutes ago, Dontquityourdayjob said:

I just got email "Six geocache outing planning mistakes you don’t know you are making". First topic is to look at the cache's logbook. Instructions say "Click “View Logbook” just above the logs on cache details and easily view all logs" And I cannot find that place on my app? 

That's part of the mistake of using only The App, when there's a huge resource of information on the web site. :P

But in The Official Geocaching App, the cache logs are listed under "Activity":

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=102&pgid=646

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, kunarion said:

That's part of the mistake of using only The App, when there's a huge resource of information on the web site. :P

But in The Official Geocaching App, the cache logs are listed under "Activity":

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=102&pgid=646

If it were The App it might have said "Tap 'View Logbook'" and, as a web application developer I've been told by accessibility people that using "Click" to describe an action is  a website accessibility no-no (the visually impaired using screen readers don't use a mouse). 

39 minutes ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

website accessibility no-no (the visually impaired using screen readers don't use a mouse). 

As an average laptop user (impaired by nothing) I don't use a mouse as well.

3 hours ago, Dontquityourdayjob said:

Maybe the site could have been more clear, but I don't believe the app was ever meant to replace the website.  :)

• Upvote 2

Six Marketing Mistakes You Don't Know You Are Making

1. Telling users boldly they're doing something wrong.
  2. Assuming all users follow the same process you're thinking about.  For example, giving web-only instructions to a user who might be using your app instead.
  3. Believing that clickbait copy is a cure for Unsubscribe.

• Upvote 3