mapping

Tuco Ramirez

I'm new to building,  I believe I will enjoy building as much as playing, 

Having spent some time watching the Groundspeak tutorials, and grasping the basic concept, and now using their builder, I keep getting terra server time out errors, when trying to plot zones from map,

I kinda realise that this builder is possibly a bit out of date, 

Can I get this builder to use my own map files, I have various formats, or online formats eg google map, while building.

Or should I look at one of the other builders, I don't mind online or standalone, that could either use map files I have or online ones.

Thanks in advance

Terra Server never worked for me. I read in this forum that it is because Groundspeak paid only for the US maps (where I don't create Wherigo cartridges). The official emulator (integrated with the builder) needs a map update. Ranger Fox provided this update long time ago. It's pinned in this forum.

The other builders I know (Earwigo and Urwigo) permit direct drawing of zones on a map. I saw in Urwigo's settings that you should be able to add your own map provider(s).