Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
GrateBear

GSAK on Chromebook?

I use a MacBook Pro, but had an aging Lenovo netbook to run GSAK.  Last evening, that netbook met with a tragic ending when it took forever to open just one site--very satisfying ending for me....So, I need another laptop and see some good deals on refurbed Chromebooks, but I don't know if GSAK will run on them.

Any input is appreciated.  Thanks.

It is easier to get your old laptop fixed than run GSAK in Chromebook.

17 minutes ago, arisoft said:

It is easier to get your old laptop fixed than run GSAK in Chromebook.

I actually tried that last year.  Had a new SSD put in, but other components were nearing the end of life, and it just ran way too slow.  The guy who installed it warned me, so it was expected.  By slow, I mean minutes for one web page to open, if it opened at all.  It's now in pieces......

You really don't want to try to run GSAK on a Chromebook.  Better to find a decent used notebook for that.

It's also far more likely that something other than hardware was causing ultra-slow loading of web sites.

44 minutes ago, GrateBear said:

I actually tried that last year.  Had a new SSD put in, but other components were nearing the end of life, and it just ran way too slow.  The guy who installed it warned me, so it was expected.  By slow, I mean minutes for one web page to open, if it opened at all.  It's now in pieces......

Computer components do not (can not) slow down when they get old. If the CPU is cooled properly it will run as fast as it was when it was brand new. Computers slow down when they get older because users install more and more programs and updates until the workload is too high for the processor. The solution is to install clean operating system to get rid of this extra load. It does not cost anything but time and effort.

31 minutes ago, arisoft said:

Computer components do not (can not) slow down when they get old. If the CPU is cooled properly it will run as fast as it was when it was brand new. Computers slow down when they get older because users install more and more programs and updates until the workload is too high for the processor. The solution is to install clean operating system to get rid of this extra load. It does not cost anything but time and effort.

I don't know what was causing the slowdown, but the machine was clean.  All it had was GSAK, Chrome and the Windows10 components.  No files, no pix, no music.    

Anyway, it seems a Chromebook is not what I want/need.  Thanks for the input, though.

1 hour ago, ecanderson said:

You really don't want to try to run GSAK on a Chromebook.  Better to find a decent used notebook for that.

Thanks--appreciate it.