Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
GrateBear

GSAK on Chromebook?

Recommended Posts

I use a MacBook Pro, but had an aging Lenovo netbook to run GSAK.  Last evening, that netbook met with a tragic ending when it took forever to open just one site--very satisfying ending for me....So, I need another laptop and see some good deals on refurbed Chromebooks, but I don't know if GSAK will run on them.

Any input is appreciated.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

It is easier to get your old laptop fixed than run GSAK in Chromebook.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, arisoft said:

It is easier to get your old laptop fixed than run GSAK in Chromebook.

I actually tried that last year.  Had a new SSD put in, but other components were nearing the end of life, and it just ran way too slow.  The guy who installed it warned me, so it was expected.  By slow, I mean minutes for one web page to open, if it opened at all.  It's now in pieces......

Share this post


Link to post

You really don't want to try to run GSAK on a Chromebook.  Better to find a decent used notebook for that.

Share this post


Link to post

It's also far more likely that something other than hardware was causing ultra-slow loading of web sites.

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, GrateBear said:

I actually tried that last year.  Had a new SSD put in, but other components were nearing the end of life, and it just ran way too slow.  The guy who installed it warned me, so it was expected.  By slow, I mean minutes for one web page to open, if it opened at all.  It's now in pieces......

 

Computer components do not (can not) slow down when they get old. If the CPU is cooled properly it will run as fast as it was when it was brand new. Computers slow down when they get older because users install more and more programs and updates until the workload is too high for the processor. The solution is to install clean operating system to get rid of this extra load. It does not cost anything but time and effort.

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, arisoft said:

 

Computer components do not (can not) slow down when they get old. If the CPU is cooled properly it will run as fast as it was when it was brand new. Computers slow down when they get older because users install more and more programs and updates until the workload is too high for the processor. The solution is to install clean operating system to get rid of this extra load. It does not cost anything but time and effort.

I don't know what was causing the slowdown, but the machine was clean.  All it had was GSAK, Chrome and the Windows10 components.  No files, no pix, no music.    

Anyway, it seems a Chromebook is not what I want/need.  Thanks for the input, though.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ecanderson said:

You really don't want to try to run GSAK on a Chromebook.  Better to find a decent used notebook for that.

Thanks--appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

×
×
  • Create New...