Editing Cache Type

Cazador66

Is it possible to edit a cache type without having to bug a reviewer?   I have a cache, where you have to collect info from other nearby caches to get the coordinates for this last bonus cache.  It was supposed to be a mystery cache, with the coordinates hidden, but it is showing as a traditional cache with the coordinates published.  Is there anyway to fix that myself?  

I think only a reviewer can fix that. Until then maybe you could disable the cache? Keep in mind that if anyone is Watching the cache listing, they'll see the reviewer's note and final coords. If that's the case, I'd consider starting over with the bonus cache.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1

Only a Reviewer or Admin can change a cache type post Publication.  Looking at your most recent hides, it looks like it has been at least a number of months, in which case, it is better to Archive the cache in error and resubmit a new one with the proper cache type.

Changing the cache type will change people's statistics, and people working on a Challenge Listing can be quite sensitive to that sort of thing.