Map preferences - Leaflet?

fbax

As an aside, Groundspeak has been misleading people for years into thinking those are "Leaflet maps".  They not; they're OpenStreetMap (credit where due) and a handful of others.

Leaflet is the name of a software tool they use to display those maps.  An implementation detail, the brand of plumbing.

It's like labelling restrooms "Crane" and "American Standard" because that's what you've just installed.

Every few years I rant about this, and every few years nothing changes.  (Oh, the text in the Google-vs-Leaflet chooser is almost 100% inaccurate too.)

Edited by Viajero Perdido
  • Upvote 1

What are the "Leaflet" options? I looks like leaflet is used in both search and browse maps, but as it was written above, leaflet is only a JS library to draw maps, icons and other elements and to interact with them. What can be seen as a background map for caches are "tiles", sourced from OpenStreetMap or Google Maps or something else. The Browse Map gives a wider choice of sources only.

3 hours ago, rapotek said:

What are the "Leaflet" options? I looks like leaflet is used in both search and browse maps, but as it was written above, leaflet is only a JS library to draw maps, icons and other elements and to interact with them. What can be seen as a background map for caches are "tiles", sourced from OpenStreetMap or Google Maps or something else. The Browse Map gives a wider choice of sources only.

maps.JPG.4efdb0ad258cd30409646f9804f441cf.JPG

• Funny 1
5 hours ago, Viajero Perdido said:

</rant>

PS, on the map screen you're unhappy with, there's a link "Browse".  That'll take you to a (non-search) old map that does have the "Leaflet" options.

I think they've promised they're not planning to remove that.  It was one post, somewhere...

Thank you I hate the NEW Map system and the new Dashboard

Edited by ST.FU