Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
HeWalksWithUs

Unable to Submit a New Hide A Cache

Tried various browsers from android to windows 10 Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Edge...once you pick size and rating it won't go beyond, it won't save, so no way to send it in for review...doesn't even keep a history of it.  So for now despite hiding several caches today, I can't even submit them!  Yesterday, I could go back in...it would at least save them and then once I clicked on them I could submit for review but now it won't even save them anymore.

• Upvote 2

I just went through the process twice without incident.  I can see 3 Listing pages that you completed today, and are awaiting Review.  Are you still having issues?

• Helpful 1

No, there is no requirement to have found a minimum number of caches prior to hiding one - it's just a recommendation.

• Helpful 1

5 minutes ago, Keystone said:

No, there is no requirement to have found a minimum number of caches prior to hiding one - it's just a recommendation.

Tried with different browsers and different computers (Android and Win10) ... seems this is not a local issue :-/

26 minutes ago, alien_two said:

Same issue for me as well. Site https://www.geocaching.com/hide/sizeratings.aspx just gets reloaded after clicking on "save and preview". Is it becaus a minimum of findings have to be logged before?

Is there any chance you're not filling in a required piece of information on the page?

10 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Is there any chance you're not filling in a required piece of information on the page?

If I do so, there is a very clear error message, but in this case there isn't. So no, I assume all fields are properly filled.

Windows, Firefox

I just created a cache, "test fail rating size page", without issue.   This is no help to you I guess, but I did want to check it. 

If I were having trouble, I'd create a Trad, it would have the absolute minimum, posted coords, text as "text", title as "title", no waypoints, hint, images or attributes. I'd just get listing saved and work on window dressing from there.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Isonzo Karst said:

Windows, Firefox

I just created a cache, "test fail rating size page", without issue.   This is no help to you I guess, but I did want to check it. 

If I were having trouble, I'd create a Trad, it would have the absolute minimum, posted coords, text as "text", title as "title", no waypoints, hint, images or attributes. I'd just get listing saved and work on window dressing from there.

Thanks a lot for your test and the hint ... in progress

1 hour ago, Isonzo Karst said:

Windows, Firefox

tested with Firefox with super simple minimum information, no firewall, no pihole, no script blockers ... still button is just reloading page :-/

I've seen this issue happen before for accounts using a date format that the calendar widget fails to recognize. Could you try changing your date format to something else that is perhaps more common (temporarily) and see if that corrects the problem?

• Helpful 2

6 minutes ago, Moun10Bike said:

I've seen this issue happen before for accounts using a date format that the calendar widget fails to recognize. Could you try changing your date format to something else that is perhaps more common (temporarily) and see if that corrects the problem?

Thanks for the hint. Actually the dates confused month and day in some views. I changed now language to English and tried some different date formats (I'm now with MM/DD/YYYY) ... but still only refresh happens

• Helpful 1

Your best bet at this point is to write in to our Community Engagement team via the Help Center (select the "Contact us" section at the bottom and select "18. Bug Reporting".) They should be able to diagnose what is going on.

• Helpful 1

Same here. Not able to hide a cache. Step 4 size  and rating. Only reloads by pushing the button save and preview. 

Reveiced feedback from Geocaching HQ Support:

We are aware of this error in submission and our engineers are working on finding a solution. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to get this issue resolved soon.