Strange reviewer note

When a cacher - especially FTF - claims coords are off by a very substantial amount (nearly 100 ft here) seems like grounds for immediate disabling by the CO until it can be checked.

How the finder's GPS was so far off the mark is its own curiosity, but that's not usual the outcome of such a situation. Usually the coords are screwy somehow, like transposed digits. (Sometimes this can make a quick fix for the CO though.)

The wording of the Reviewer note is a bit odd. Maybe they were just tired?

8 hours ago, Harry Dolphin said:

No need to reveal the reviewer.  As posted, I suspect the cacher reported it to the reviewer privately.  I helped my sister hide the cache.  The coords were good.  She went back and verified the coords.  I just found it a very strange reviewer note.  

Was the note exactly like on this one? https://coord.info/GC7ZCV8 which seems to be a canned note. May be a fully automated or used when there is something suspicious.

7 minutes ago, arisoft said:

Was the note exactly like on this one? https://coord.info/GC7ZCV8 which seems to be a canned note. May be a fully automated or used when there is something suspicious.

I must say on that one I probably agree with the reviewer. A 1.5/1.5 traditional published six months ago, no description or hint (other than bring a pen) and just two DNFs since (and they don't shed much light either). "Something's wrong but I don't know what" pretty much sums it up, I think.

• Upvote 2
On 4/28/2019 at 3:17 AM, Goldenwattle said:

Like this one:GC3708T The hint says, " GPS accuracy slightly out (deliberartely), just for the challenge " When I didn't find it, I don't remember the hint saying slightly out; I suspect that's a more recent addition. I searched 20 metres either side and left annoyed.

I don't know why this is allowed. It has been this way since 2011. Plenty of time for a reviewer to step in.

Another I know of had coordinates 150 metres out, because of conflict with a neighbouring cache. And they expected people to find it ?!!! People didn't.

Edited by bflentje
  • Upvote 1