Geocaching Live 66s

Hopefully someone will give you more accurate information, but what I can tell you is what I've noticed is the "near" in "download near" is much smaller than I expected. I haven't worked out the exact number, but I think it was considerably less than a mile. So if there are only 7 caches within a mile of the location you picked, that's probably why that's all you got. That's one of several reasons that I've found the GC Live feature to be a big disappointment.

My "search near" doesn't work at all, using geocaching live (I get "no results found" ) or just the list of downloaded caches (I get a list centered on my current location no matter how far away I told it to search) .... this has been consistent on my second 66s(Garmin exchanged the first one). I love the idea, but it has totally failed for me. I sure hope they'll use the one I returned for research...

8 hours ago, luvvinbird said:

I've been playing around with the Geocaching live feature on my 66s and registered it with geocaching.com no problem. However, I can't seem to download more than 7 caches using "Download Near" and I have no refresh button on the map. Am I not doing something correctly?

Which method are you using?

See GPSrChive > GPSMAP 66 > Pages > Geocaching for explanation of several methods.

In my experience, there is a distance and cache number limit for each 'download', however, in cache dense areas, repeating the same process will load additional caches for the same area.

3 hours ago, Atlas Cached said:

In my experience, there is a distance and cache number limit for each 'download', however, in cache dense areas, repeating the same process will load additional caches for the same area.

Do you have any idea what the distance and number limits are? I've been thinking of running some tests, but I can't help feeling like surely it must be documented somewhere, and there might even be some way to change the values if I knew enough.

3 hours ago, Atlas Cached said:

Which method are you using?

When he said "Download near", I assumed he meant that menu item from the GC Live Download choice in the menu off the geocaching list.

5 hours ago, Atlas Cached said:

See GPSrChive > GPSMAP 66 > Pages > Geocaching for explanation of several methods.

Many thanks for that link. Wow. There is a lot of information there. I like the method using the geocaching map and relocating the map cursor to a desired point and then downloading the caches for that area. Works great! Also, many thanks to those that took the time to respond. I appreciate it.