Need help with map programs

I have been using Microsoft Steets and Trips and Delorme Street Atlas. All of these were installed on a computer that is pre Windows 10. I now have a new computer that has Windows 10. These programs do not work with n the new computer. Does anyone know if there is another program that works on Windows 10 or has another solution? I need a program that can download cachesmfrom GSAK.  Thank you.

You may find free maps online that work fine. Do you uninstall/install various maps around the world? I bought a map card of the entire U.S. for my Garmin Oregon, and don't have to manage maps now. If I travel overseas, I'll try to install maps for particular areas.

If you're using a Garmin GPS, Garmin Basecamp will show caches and maps that are on both the PC and GPS, and you can move waypoint and GPX files between systems. I don't know how well Basecamp works with Magellan, for example.  You don't have specifics in your post.

Install street (and topo if you like) maps to cover a decent area you plane to cache, and you can then manage caches with GSAK.

I've been hearing about Cachetur.no quite a bit recently. I haven't used it myself, so don't know what map layers and GSAK compatability it has.  The pre-login info says trips can be exported to GSAK, but I don't know about importing.

The site requires creating a free account on their site, and says that having a premium membership at geocaching.com is necessary "to take full advantage" of the site, so I'm not sure what the limitations are for Basic Members.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:29 PM, noncentric said:

I've been hearing about Cachetur.no quite a bit recently. I haven't used it myself, so don't know what map layers and GSAK compatability it has.  The pre-login info says trips can be exported to GSAK, but I don't know about importing.

The site requires creating a free account on their site, and says that having a premium membership at geocaching.com is necessary "to take full advantage" of the site, so I'm not sure what the limitations are for Basic Members.

The basic members limitations follow the API guidelines from geocaching, so basicly 3 low D/T caches a day, and therefore you can't do very much with cachetur as a basic member...

But a Premium membership account at geocaching + a user at cachetur.no is well worth the $$

Edited by cghove