SEARCH FOR CACHES CONTAINING TRACKABLES?

BASE Controller

Pocket queries supposedly do that, but logging errors have been around for some time.

We see trackables supposedly in a cache's inventory every time we scroll down, searching for a cache we'll do.

- But we find more trackables in caches with none listed.     :)

I'd think folks with only trackables in mind would be upset to find that few searches for trackables were "accurate", and feel it's best to just pleasantly be surprised when you find one.

• Helpful 2
1 hour ago, Isonzo Karst said:

It's a setting on the pocket query page 

That (And)

Have Travel Bugs

If you really want to find TB in a cache, check the TBs date of drop. The more recent, the better the odds it's in cache

I look at the cache logs.  Cachers will mention "there aren't any TBs here".   Geocachers are enthusiastic about grabbing TBs out of caches.  Properly logging them?  Placing them into the next cache?  Not so much. :ph34r:

I'm not out hunting for TBs, but before I place one, I check those logs.  If there are a lot of "No TBs Found" logs, I won't place any in that cache.  It's being harvested, and that's bad if I like TBs to stay in the game.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
7 hours ago, BogeyzBox said:

I'm still pretty much a novice, but am already surprised to see an actual TB popping up in a cache where it is also virtually supposed to be ?
Is that about right, or has it been like this for years?

Yeah, I'm surprised if a cache has a trackable listed in inventory and it's actually there too.  :D

But we've seen (and had)  issues with these things since we started. 

More noticeable now maybe with so many playing.     

• Upvote 1