Can't 'opt out' of new look Drafts

RubyShoos

Hi

Whenever I try to use the link to opt out of the new look Drafts page, the page displays the URL https://www.geocaching.com/account/drafts/home/optout and just hangs - i.e. the page never loads.

I used to be able to opt out and prefer the old page as I have a script that tallies my Drafts by both cache type and log type and it only works on the old page. With hundreds in the logging queue at any given time, it's a useful feature.

If the option to opt out is no longer available it would be helpful to take the link off the Drafts page (shown in the screenshot below)676118302_2019-04-2218_56_23-Drafts.png.cf3877b63d9657ba113a5e3b9ff92f9b.png. But please keep it and fix it

Thanks, RubyShoos

• Helpful 1

The Opt-Out works for me, so I don't think the option has ended.

I prefer the 'old look' because it makes it easier to see the various log types.  I try to prioritize my DNF logs before my Found It's, and seeing the blue frowney vs yellow smiley makes it much easier to find the DNF's than with the new Drafts page.

Thank you for the feedback @noncentric I'll try a different browser (currently using Firefox 66.0.3) and see if that makes any difference.

OK - tried with Edge (I know, but it is installed by default) and it does not work.

Can i ask what browser you are using @noncentric - I don't really want to install a load of random browsers that I don't really want. Thank you!

Edited by RubyShoos
To update

I am using Firefox Quantum 66.0.3

I just tried it again, clicking on Opt Out on the drafts page, and it worked just fine.

I was going to say that maybe you're running a browser plug-in/add-on that is causing the problem, but that doesn't seem like the problem if it's not working when you use Edge too. Not sure what the problem could be.

Thanks for the feedback @noncentric and @MartyBartfast

Sorry for my tardy reponse - I have been away with limited access to tech.

I do have add-ons running in FF, but not on Edge. I might try the old trick of shutting down and restarting my computer. I'm due my annual shut down anyway :-)

If that fails, I shall take a look at cookies.

Thank you again.

12 hours ago, niraD said:
16 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

I suspect that regardless of browser, you can get to "old" by using the URL.  I could be wrong.

When I try to access /my/fieldnotes.aspx my browser is redirected to /account/drafts :(

You have to Opt Out of the "new" Drafts page in order to get to the "old" page.  Going to "my/fieldnotes" will not override the Opt setting.  If you've opted out of the 'new' Drafts, then the "my/fieldnotes" url will take you to the 'old' page.

• Helpful 1

Ah, so once you've opted out, then the URL works, but RubyShoos can't opt out...

I wonder if having over 500 caches in Drafts is affecting it?

Hard to know.   Can you save them somewhere else (are they stored somewhere else?), then remove them from the Drafts page. Then see if you can get to Old Drafts.  If Drafts is the only place where those finds/dates are stored, I can't think of an easy way to duplicate that list of caches/dates, particularly as "new drafts" has ONLY a link to a logging page, no link to the cache page.

Alternately, just log 'em from new, and once you get the number down, see if you can get to "old".

(I'd do this by clicking the log link, now you can see if you've save any comment there,  then clicking the cache page link from the log page, then clicking the log link from the cache page.  I' want to see the cache page before I log it, and I want "old logging".  I do that now from from old drafts, click both links, log and cache page, and then log from "old logging" from the cache page.  yes, 3 clicks, each time. )

Earlier this week I couldn't find the Opt out link either (it tends to revert if the cookie expires or gets deleted).  But last night it appeared again. It may be that it was removed accidentally, temporarily, or prematurely.

Look at the (new) Drafts page again and see if the Opt Out link is there. 

Thanks again everyone for trying to help!

@thebruce0

The link has always been there (as in the screenshot I put in my first post), but it just hangs when I click it. I usually use the add-on Fire Drag to open links, but even if I right click and select 'open in new tab' or (horror of horrors) do a straight left click I just get the two dancing dots on the tab and a blank page (below)

image.png.867a908f22c170cff4c8b0b46c8044a1.png

^

blank page

@Isonzo Karst

I have got the data in a .txt file, but don't want to go to the effort of copy-pasting all 537 GC codes and each bit of text, so I suppose the only thing for it is to crack on with the logging. The main reason I want to revert to old is so that my tallying scripts work (Found It / Write Note / DNF / cache types) for what is in the queue. But I suppose if I *just* log what's there, the data will be on my stats page!

Thanks again everybody. I'll report back if i find a solution.