receiving emails of messages I have sent

Deepdiggingmole

I was quite happy getting emails when I had been sent a message via the message centre - however recently I have been getting emails of messages I have sent either as initial messages or replies.

I never used to get this and don't see the need for it. I have tried to turn this off but seems i can't it would either be no emails to any messages or both (ones I receive and ones I send)  

Is this a glitch, or is there something I can do to rectify this that I can't see

cheers

Tim

1 hour ago, Deepdiggingmole said:

Thanks - I'll try that 
though I thought that would just be for messages received not sent ?? 

There is control for converting received messages to mail, too, but that's controlled somewhere else. At first I thought that's what Moun10Bike was pointing to, but I poked around and realized he'd hit the nail on the head. I had no idea there was a feature like that, and I'm not entirely sure I understand what it's good for.

• Helpful 1
26 minutes ago, dprovan said:

There is control for converting received messages to mail, too, but that's controlled somewhere else. At first I thought that's what Moun10Bike was pointing to, but I poked around and realized he'd hit the nail on the head. I had no idea there was a feature like that, and I'm not entirely sure I understand what it's good for.

I think it was meant to mimic the functionality of the "send an email" tool where you have an option to receive a copy of the sent message. I always use that function so I have a record of what I emailed. Unfortunately, the label they used for the setting in the Message Center makes it sound like it performs the same operation as the setting in Moun10Bike's screenshot, which isn't what it does. It would be better labeled as something like "Copy sent messages to e-mail".

• Helpful 1
15 minutes ago, The A-Team said:

I think it was meant to mimic the functionality of the "send an email" tool where you have an option to receive a copy of the sent message.

I suppose you're right. I ask for the system to send me a copy of sent email because if I don't, I have no record whatsoever of the mail I sent. With messages, the messages I send are kept where I can see them in the message center, so I feel no need to ask for a second copy via email.