Deleting No Pen / Photo logs only on adopted caches

On adopted caches, when you go though the found logs and read - no pen, photo attached, as the new CO I think I should be able to delete them as they have not signed the log sheet as required.

This may effect finders stats,, if deleted the finders milestone will be incorrect.

so the celebration of finding a special cache may not be the one that counts?

23 hours ago, CHEZRASCALS said:

On adopted caches, when you go though the found logs and read - no pen, photo attached, as the new CO I think I should be able to delete them as they have not signed the log sheet as required.

This may effect finders stats,, if deleted the finders milestone will be incorrect.

so the celebration of finding a special cache may not be the one that counts?

IIRC you had a couple threads on deleting logs with no pen, and I feel you got a good balance of answers.    :)

- On adopted caches, I feel that whatever the CO did before you should stay.  

They were active, or you couldn't adopt them, so personal views on maintenance and issues were on them.

If you want to be by-the-book after you take them over, that's up to you...   

It may be just me, but if an issue was created by an adopter of one of mine,  I'd probably be helping each n every one with their appeals .  

- Their find date was when it was mine...   ;)

I'd bet a lot get archived instead of accepting adoption because they don't (or do)  know how the next CO will be on their caches... 

• Upvote 2

I change as little as possible when I adopt caches.  I changed the container once, but it was what was originally hidden, as the previous CO adopted it from another cacher but never put out the ammo can that was originally hidden.  I do absolutely nothing with the logs of finders before I adopted it because I have NO idea what may have passed between the CO and the finder.

• Upvote 3