Searching for caches in a 100 mile radius, shows caches 5,000 miles away.

cache.r.e.a.m

I see what's happening. Even though the initial filter says "Searching near Home", changing the distance removes the home anchor point. That's why the results return 3 million hits. It's searching worldwide. Click on filters again and it now says "Distance from location" with the option greyed out because there is no location selected.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Mineral2 said:

I see what's happening. Even though the initial filter says "Searching near Home", changing the distance removes the home anchor point. That's why the results return 3 million hits. It's searching worldwide. Click on filters again and it now says "Distance from location" with the option greyed out because there is no location selected.

Ah! Thank you. I see that if i change "home&radius=30mi&sort" to "home&radius=100mi&sort", it gives me the results I was after. Problem solved. 

I did some more playing around. If you perform a normal search and type "home" into the search box, it converts to your home coordinates for the location. The same happens if you choose "My home location" from the drop-down list. So as long as the search knows the hard-coded location of the search, you can then specify a radius

The ability to set the location to "home" in the URL is a really neat feature that the developers added, and it would be nice to see it act just like a hard coded location for the purpose of customizing filters. For now, you're stuck with modifying the URL as you did already, and bookmarking it if you wish to come back to it often.

• Upvote 1