ISOTOPE EVENT

slinger91

for Saturday cause it seems easier for the keyholders that live out of town. But Friday would work as well. And I also agree with having fractal or oregone get the event set up.

Let's just get this thing opened... icon_smile.gif

Life is as much a journey of discovery, as it is a discovery of the journey...

**Namaste**

Oh, wait. Actually we voted for Boxing Day (twice now, and it hasn't shown up on the poll results). However, either Friday or Saturday evening will work for us.

BTW Oregone, yes, Sassy's does serve food, I checked. icon_biggrin.gif

laurak

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

I have a 3rd grade B-Ball game to go to at 1300 but after that is good for me. Also I think Helvetia Tavern would be too small for a gathering such as this. Maybe Cornelius Pass Roadhouse would better suit are needs size wise. Nobody has ansewered me about Sassy's, what and where is it?

quote:
Originally posted by Sassquatch:

Nobody has ansewered me about Sassy's, what and where is it?

You're much to bright not to figure it out, Sassquatch. Sassy's Bar and Grill is in close-in SE PDX. Do an internet search and you'll find out more. I won't hand it to you on a silver platter!

--laurak

Saturday is cool, but y'all will have to be flexible with my time. I have another event planned in Oregon City and will have to make adjustments.

And CPR or Helvatia tavern is too far for me to travel. Anywhere closer to Portland?

What do you call 2,000 pounds of Chinese Soup? Won Ton.

Saturday would work best for me... Friday would be 'ok', but I would be way too tired...

The pool looks like it's gunna be Saturday anyway, so now we should nail down a place.

I'm ok with Sassy's (never been there, but I have a feeling I'd enjoy it)...

Other options might be... Barley Mill (if they're not sick of seeing us!) or maybe that place we hit a couple of times last summer.. XV... Or the Absoloutely place (mmmm steak and mushroom pie... and raspberry beer!)

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45? 30.ish

W 122? 58.ish

I looked it up and yeah I could probably make it to sassy's. Although I'm sure I wouldn't take my mom there. Does anyone know if they have red snapper on the menu? But now that I think about it wouldn't it be kinda dark and loud in there? I mean I heard that those places can be dark and loud. Never been to one before.

[This message was edited by Sassquatch on March 12, 2003 at 11:52 PM.]

not that i object to establishments as these, however, i feel that it would detract from the gravity that dr. isotopes threats pose icon_wink.gif. so if soup wants close in, i suggest the rogue brew pub at nw 13th and flanders or the black lab brewery in close-in SE, approximately 7th and hawthorne.

i honestly think that sassy's is a great place but simply not appropriate for this event.

I chose LaurenCat because LaurenKittenPoniesFlowersPinkSunshineFairyMeowMeowRainbowHeartLoveBunnyKissKiss was just too F-ing long.

with lauren... Nothing against Sassy's, but it is dark and loud as the big guy mentions and I think lauren is correct that it would not allow the proper focus. Never been to Rogue or Black Lab, by been them both but never been inside, so I am up for either of these...

Life is as much a journey of discovery, as it is a discovery of the journey...

**Namaste**

I voted Saturday, but Friday would also work. I think it would be hard to guarantee enough table space at the 'Absolutely place' and Sassy's would be too, uh, distracting. We didn't have the best of luck at XV last time (but there's a cool new place a block away from there). I like the Lucky Lab (yes, the outside tables are under cover) or Rogue (never been there). They should work out better for soup. Unless we all want to head south and find a place near Tualatin. We could clean out the peanuts at the Billygans just off of I-5 . . .

I am cool with Rogue or LuckyLab. Rogue has awesome pizza's, and LuckyLab has dogs. Not on the menu, but they allow dogs!

Saturday is cool, but you will have to give me some flex time (give or take an hour). Reason being I dont know what the schedule is just yet. I am sure you guys can entertain yourselves with beer/pizza/dogs if I cant make it right away. I will call you guys on that day to let you know exactly what I am able to accomoplish.

dadgum you Isotope for making us schedule a saturday!!

We see where we stand with all of you. Dr. Isatope's box is more important than spending time with the dynamic duo... blah...blah...blah. We'll be in Salem most of Sat afternoon, then heading back north for a party around 7:00-7:30 in Beaverton. We like the idea of Billigans in Tualatin 'cause we'll be driving past there, and it's conveniently located not too far from Oregon City (hint, hint, Soup, Soup). We're not holding out too much hope though... man, we'd have so much more pulling power if we only had a key. Dang you Isatope... icon_biggrin.gif

"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."

By a wide margin, it looks like saturday's the day. If i'm out in K-falls, i'll leave my key with someone.

Now, any objections to me submitting the event cache page on geocaching.com?

Basically, it will say 'meet at lucky lab at 7pm on saturday night.'

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

We've stayed out of the debate because half of us are way out of town (just logged a Chicago cache), and the other half has some work stuff looming that may kill the weekend. If possible, I will make it.

So what does it mean that Lucky Lab allows dogs? If I bring the Kiwimonster, would that restrict where we could sit? She could identify Isotope by his scent, yeah, that's the ticket...

I don't know about Sassy's, but other similiar establishments that I have, um, visited out of curiousity icon_wink.gif, would have one advantage in that they already have black lights around..... The other detriments probably outweigh it.

Do people's black lights have batteries, or should someone check that a plug-in is available?

quote:
Originally posted by Trafcon:

Something came up and I won't be able to make it. I will be glad to turn my key over if someone promises to take lots of photos. Any Hillsboro area cachers want to take my key to the event??? How about you Fractal???

KTF !!! GBWY !!!

I can do that... Sorry you won't be there...

I'll email you here in a minute.

-fractal

quote:

The boss just agreed to remove the bonds of Holy Matrimony for Sat. night. I will be there after all with bells on and a key. icon_biggrin.gif

KTF !!! GBWY !!!

Cool icon_smile.gif

I didn't want that key anyway.. Who knows how much radioactivity that thing might be giving off?! I already feel like the radiation from all the marbles is taking it's toll on my brain...

-Dr. f icon_wink.gif

quote:

I am coming up empty handed on the black (ultraviolet) light for the event. Hope someone who shows up will have one.

We went to a little specialty shop last weekend that, if I'm remembering correctly, had several small portable ones. I'll make a mental note to stop by tomorrow (between cache finds) and see if they still have 'em. If so, we'll buy one. QM, if you find yours, go ahead and bring it just in case. If we wind up having several at the event, that's ok; better several than none. I'm sure they'd come in handy some day. Otherwise, we'll have to go to Sassy's after all. (Hmm, do I smell the hint of an after-party?) We're looking forward to friends, food, fun, and brews!

laurak

[This message was edited by dasein on March 14, 2003 at 11:30 PM.]

It's been 11 1/2 hours, and no one has posted anything about last night's event!!! I'm dying to know here... what happened. Did you guys make it out alive? Did our prior plans inadvernantly save our lives? I didn't hear anything about explosions in downtown Portland, but no one knows how high the great Dr's control reaches. Throw me a bone here.

"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."