Log entry text box is too small for older eyes

klossner

For the love of god, make the text in the log entry box big enough for me to read what I'm typing.  Tiny gray-on-white is fine for millenials, but we senior citizens CANNOT READ IT.

This field was great a few years ago -- black-on-white at a decent size -- but some young whipper-snapper of a UX designer messed with it.

TooSmall.PNG

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, arisoft said:

Use Google with magic words "Make the font even bigger" and select your own device from the list.

10 hours ago, StefandD said:

Ctrl + mouse wheel zooms in or out.
 In most cases Ctrl + + and Ctrl + - also works.

The user's ability to override a web site's microfonts is a workaround, not a solution. If the user needs to override a web site's microfonts, then the web site has screwed up.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, niraD said:

The user's ability to override a web site's microfonts is a workaround, not a solution. If the user needs to override a web site's microfonts, then the web site has screwed up.

Clipboard02.jpg.668334e6f2508cc49010927c2269b21c.jpg

You should notice that the font in the sample image is smaller than normally as in my reference image here. It is possible that the user has wrong setup in the device or accidentally shrinked the size of log form. There is also setting for stronger contrast if the grey text is not easy to read.

Edited by arisoft
7 hours ago, arisoft said:

Clipboard02.jpg.668334e6f2508cc49010927c2269b21c.jpg

You should notice that the font in the sample image is smaller than normally as in my reference image here. It is possible that the user has wrong setup in the device or accidentally shrinked the size of log form. There is also setting for stronger contrast if the grey text is not easy to read.

Agreed.  The font on my screen (and I checked I am at zoom level 100%) is the same size as above.  Suspect the OP has accidentally set themselves at about zoom level 66% (at least for me this zoom level gives a font size about the same as in the OP post).

• Upvote 1
On 4/17/2019 at 7:47 AM, klossner said:

but some young whipper-snapper of a UX designer messed with it

Might be that you're accidentally downsized the browser window yourself.

When in the log window, hit: Ctrl-0 (ie: zero) and all should be fine again.

Hans

• Upvote 1