Notes posted in app not showing up on website

This has happened at least five different days.  I post a Find or Attended note (post, not save as draft), my total number of finds goes up, and a yellow smiley face shows up on the map on the phone app.  Same thing if I first Save as Draft, then change to Post.  When I get home and look on the computer at the geocaching.com web site, however, there is nothing there.  No smiley face, no draft, no increase in count, no log.  

I understand it may take awhile to travel through cyberspace, but how long should I allow?  I have waited up to 3 days, but afraid I will forget which ones I found if I wait longer.  

It is especially frustrating if I added details about the condition of the container, the log, or location.  I guess I need to make written notes to know what I did and found.

This is the geocaching.com app on an Android Motorola smart phone.

The same has happened to me at least on three separate occassions over the last month or so. I'm out caching, log my finds as drafts and when I get home, I edit the drafts to proper logs on my phone, remove the draft status and post the find. The app tells me of the success, increases the cache count and tells me to go find another one. When I later (the next day or after a couple of days) check the status on on GC.com, the caches still show as drafts as I logged them initially on the go, the cache count has not been updated. For all practical purposes the edits on the app do not seem to go anywhere. My app is the latest version of the Geocaching.com app on Android on One + 6 smartphone. The behaviour seems to have been introduced over the last two months.

It happened again today.   I guess I am going to have to pick another app to try.  I will be sorry not to  be able to use the Groundspeak lists and some of the other features, and not log first to finds right away, but as it is they are not appearing online anyway.   Glad to hear it isn't just me having that issue..

I also amend my comment yesterday. Unlike before, when the draft count stays as is, now on the last two occassions the drafts actually disappear from both the phone and the website as if they have been processed correctly to found logs. Yet, the log never appears on the cache page.

Slightly off the topic, but the latest version of the app (7.9.2.) on Android 9 also has difficulties logging travel bugs as picked up or dropped off. This needs to be done twice before the bug is picked up. When dropping off a travel bug, it seems to go through on the app, but I still see some of the dropped bugs  on my lists the next day and have to drop them off again. I dislike the UI on the next best option, but that seems to be the safer bet going forward.

On 4/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, 2wheels4cache said:

I will be sorry not to  be able to use the Groundspeak lists and some of the other features, and not log first to finds right away, but as it is they are not appearing online anyway.

You can still log FTF's right away by selecting "Open in browser" at the bottom of the cache screen in the app - then submit your Found It log via the website.