4:10 Caches?

Remembered seeing a very lengthy series in CA, saying "It's always 4:10 to somewhere" as the only message on the cache page.

Was a cache that required 40 total caches, 10 caches of each of : 10 Traditional caches, 10 Multi-caches, 10 Mystery/puzzle caches and 10 Virtual caches.

Wasn't interested , so not sure if it's still in play.

• Upvote 1

OK, I think I have a better grasp of what the OP is asking about.  These are not challenge caches.  Here's one of them:  https://coord.info/GC6Z615

These caches seem to be intentionally difficult.  Well, somewhat difficult, three star difficulty. And listed as Micros. I won't spoil the surprise.

But as usual, be sure you read the cache page, including the description and logs, read the hint, look at photos (seriously, do that B)).  Go to a cache spot and look around.  Where would something be hidden (for example, on a desert highway, where could a micro cache be hidden with any reasonable expectation of viability?).

And you can ask the cache owner.

Edited by kunarion
1 hour ago, K13 said:

Has anyone seen either the original or the remake of "4:10 to Yuma"? It was a western, remake starred Russell Crowe, IIRC.

That was one of the things I did a search for, despite the fact that, yeah, it's not actually "4:10". :P

But after looking it up, I'm 410% certain that the OP could, assuming the OP really loves trying to find Micros (otherwise, why ask?), take a trip to most any of those cache sites and solve the mild mystery of the cache name.

• Upvote 1
On 4/13/2019 at 10:46 AM, NicosHere said:

I've been seeing all types of caches with the words 4:10 to _______ in them and I'm confused as to what defines a cache as a 4:10 cache.

We found a couple of them recently and they had nothing to do with trains or Arizona.  Farm kids will know right away what you're talking about, and crows and pigeons will hate them.

On 4/25/2019 at 6:19 PM, sktqch said:

We found a couple of them recently and they had nothing to do with trains or Arizona.  Farm kids will know right away what you're talking about, and crows and pigeons will hate them.

Yes, completely agree with the last sentence.  We found this clever cache "4:10 to Big Horn" (GC73FA4) in Borrego Springs, CA a few months ago and it made complete sense when we saw the cache container.