Houston, the Eagle has...

Sparrowhawk

Glad to see you got that little moisture problem resolved. Down loaded your new data sheet and plotted the points. Yikes! Had to zoom out to see both points at the same time. Have you ever noticed that some people ***** about everything? icon_biggrin.gif Got it on the "Pending" list....

Charlie Trail Duster - When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

We figured it out and plotted it last night and the coordinates seem to match what is on the cache sheet. Didn't go get it because I thought it would be a dusk to dawn closure and also to let Jayson have a shot at it icon_wink.gif (even though our new cache alarms were going crazy) icon_biggrin.gif. Will probably get out this weekend to get it if time and going after Instrumental Version and Demonhead Flats doesn't tire us out too much or take too much time. Be nice not to get wet boots this time icon_razz.gif.

In case of power failure stand close, I glow in the dark.

Yeah right, like they're going to let me get away with saying something like that. I'm going to try to figure out the first point tonight, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to talk the wife into going out to hunt the second point. If GR&GG hold true to their weekend hunting, then we might have a (slim) chance of squeeking in there. Good job sparrowhawk... see what you've caused. Oh wait, I think I caused this. Um... disregard this message.

"There are no stupid questions, but there a LOT of inquisitive idiots."

So I drove past the final location last night after work. Took about 30 mins trying to find one of your "alternate" entrances, but to no avail. I was less than 200ft away at one point, but like PDXMarathonman I wasn't too comfortable with sneaking through people's back yards. Found the parking spot, but the path looked a bit scary in the fading light. Figured I'd just come back another time to do the long walk. Awesome area though. Haven't been up the hill before... didn't even know it was there. I'll be BACK!

Although most of our initial hopes are to find the quickest way to the cache, I don't know anyone (knock on wood) that would risk getting slapped with a tresspassing fine just for the sake of saving a few minutes. I think the safer way would simply be to state that the "parking" is the best place to start from for this cache.

We're on our way out to find it right now. Sadly, it looks like we have already been beat by the Grandparents. another opportunity missed. Oh well, we won't let it detract from the experience. Thanks for all of the effort you've put into this cache Elana. We look forward to hunting many more.

That's our new signature item. We thought back when we had about 100 finds we might be in this for the long haul so started looking for something for us. This is what we came up with and now with over 260 finds we are starting to finally put them out. Look for them soon at all the new caches near or far from you icon_biggrin.gif.

In case of power failure stand close, I glow in the dark.

Not to be discouraged by missing the Eagle chip, we opted for "Far" and drove out to Sauvie Island yesterday to grab another one. SUCCESS!!! I'm usually not this competitive, but we've been on a signature item kick these past few weeks. So far we have marbles, lady bugs, poker chips, shoe laces, and a silver dollar. Keep 'em coming guys. We're still trying to come up with something original for ourselves. Thanks for all the fun you guys.

Jason of JOYSON