Geocaching in Mongolia

ZoekSnoet

Hi everyone,

So, this is my first forum post, did not even know there were fora here till just now! :D

I am from the Netherlands but will be traveling to Mongolia coming summer to ride the longest and toughest horse race on Earth. And of course I plan on logging some caches!

I will be staying in Ulaanbaatar for some days before and after the race, is there anyone here who is known with Geocaching in UB? I have never cached yet outside of my country let alone a country so far away from mine. I was wondering if there are some cachers here who might be able to get me some pointers or something hahahaha! :D 

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards from the Netherlands..!

On 4/13/2019 at 2:33 AM, ZoekSnoet said:

Hi everyone,

So, this is my first forum post, did not even know there were fora here till just now! :D

I am from the Netherlands but will be traveling to Mongolia coming summer to ride the longest and toughest horse race on Earth. And of course I plan on logging some caches!

I will be staying in Ulaanbaatar for some days before and after the race, is there anyone here who is known with Geocaching in UB? I have never cached yet outside of my country let alone a country so far away from mine. I was wondering if there are some cachers here who might be able to get me some pointers or something hahahaha! :D 

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards from the Netherlands..!

It looks like there are a few caches in Ulaanbaatar.  I'd just read the cache listings for any that are within a reasonable proximity to where you'll be staying and see what ground transporation options are available to go find them.   It also looks like most of the caches are owned by one of two cachers.  You might want to send a PM to one or both of them to see if they can help.