Sort order for Found caches

dbrents

I have a Garmin 64s. Currently, it appears order of the caches listed in the 'found' bucket are sorted on distance from my current location. Is there a way to change the sort criteria? It would be convenient if the 'finds' were sorted by 'date found' or even order found as in "most recent" to "first find".  Of course this assumes such data is stored about the 'finds'.

Thanks.

Edited by dbrents

Pull up the geocache website, pull up your drafts (fieldnotes) Hook your 64s up to your computer go the Garmin main file open it and look for a file called visits. Dowmload to the geocache website . Follow the instuctions  They are listed in order as found . Works great for logging a bunch of found caches

Instructions for uploading caches marked as "Found" (or Did Not Find) in your GPSr to the website can be found here:  Upload drafts (field notes)

The cache actions you record in your 64s will be saved, with a timestamp, in the  geocache_visits.txt  file on your unit.  When those draft logs are uploaded to the website, then they will be in the order dictated by those timestamps.

Viewing the found caches by selecting "Show Found" in your GPSr will display them by distance, since the GPSr is mainly a navigation device and so distance is most relevant. There isn't a way to change the sort order.

12 minutes ago, noncentric said:

There isn't a way to change the sort order.

Right. But Oregon and Montana users have a workaround:

a. Call the calendar app:

kalender%20gezeigte%20funde.PNG?raw=1

b. click the "x/x geocaches found" entry

Result is a cache list sorted by found date:

Kalender%20Liste.PNG?raw=1

Hans

Edited by HHL
17 hours ago, HHL said:

Right. But Oregon and Montana users have a workaround:

a. Call the calendar app:

kalender%20gezeigte%20funde.PNG?raw=1

b. click the "x/x geocaches found" entry

Result is a cache list sorted by found date:

Kalender%20Liste.PNG?raw=1

Thanks for the heads up on this one.  I generally use the drafts options  then delete my visits. Fortunately i had some found caches on my backup Oregon 600 went to the calendar and sure enough they were there.