Pocket query issue -wrong format

Lorien99

I'm having a problem with pocket queries. I have a Garmin, and I believe it takes .gpx files. I leave the .gpx selected when I submit my query. When I download the resulting file, it is consistently a .loc file, and, assuming I have transferred the file correctly to my device, my device can't read the file. The first time it happened, I thought it was my error. I am now positive that it is not. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to get around it?

2 minutes ago, K13 said:

I have always waited for the PQ to be emailed to me, and download/extract/transfer to GPS from there.

How long does it take for the email to come through? It has been over an hour and still no email. I know it's the correct email address.

I just found a better way! In my browser, I went to My Lists and selected the 3 dots after the list I wanted to send to my Garmin. There's an option "Send to Garmin" (which I swear wasn't there before, but maybe I'm confused and was looking at the app before). Anyway, after clicking that option, it opened Garmin Express on my laptop, and when I connected my Garmin to my laptop, it all transferred to my Garmin with a few more clicks (next time, I'll try to remember to write down what I did, so I can help others). It showed up on my device in the Geocaching folder with all the cache names intact. Woo hoo!!!!

This bypasses PQs. (Are we really limited to 1000 PQs in our lifetime?)

12 minutes ago, Lorien99 said:

How long does it take for the email to come through? It has been over an hour and still no email. I know it's the correct email address.

Did you select a Day and actually run the query? Select the tab "Pocket Queries Ready for Download (xx)". Click on the PQ's name. The query will be created immediately.

Hans

• Helpful 1
15 minutes ago, HHL said:

Did you select a Day and actually run the query? Select the tab "Pocket Queries Ready for Download (xx)". Click on the PQ's name. The query will be created immediately.

Hans

Hmmmm...good question. 

I gave it a name (I neglected this on my first attempt, and it bounced back to me). I didn't check a day, but I did check "run this query once and then delete it" (I don't see the point of running it every day forever). My email and format were already set to what I wanted. Then I clicked "submit information," which I assumed ran the PQ. Then I got a page saying I could download the file with a link, so I used that link (that link was a .loc file, though).