How to move a coin O/S

drag0nFly15

I have recently found my first geocoin. It would appear that it has been traveling around Australia for years now and is no where near its goal cities, countries for travel. I am wondering how I can help get this coin to its goal destination. I have no current travel plans that include the listed destinations.

If nothing else, you can get it into a cache soon, so someone else (who may be able to help it towards its goals) can retrieve it.

You might also be able to get it to a cache near an international airport, which might increase the likelihood of someone who is traveling retrieving it.

12 hours ago, drag0nFly15 said:

I have recently found my first geocoin. It would appear that it has been traveling around Australia for years now and is no where near its goal cities, countries for travel. I am wondering how I can help get this coin to its goal destination. I have no current travel plans that include the listed destinations.

You said, "  I will be traveling around on my Motorbike over the next few weeks, I'm sure I can find a suitable new home for this."

- And I believe that's a good move.   :)

You aren't going to send it to it's destination, so you drop it in a "suitable home" (like any other trackable), and maybe someone who finds it there can.

The TO isn't active much, but I'd bet they're happy that the coin is at least still moving  and not among the "missing".

• Upvote 1

Trackables can get "trapped" in a country like OZ. I've managed to help a few escape over the last few years. This coin has a couple of varied destinations like Philippines & Guatemala which would not be high on the list of geocaching Aussies. I'm a little north of the OPs location and will traveling to Miami and Caribbean later this year but but not to the other countries so I would be unable to help except for moving it to a cache which may be close to an airport. (If Bali was on the list it would probably have been there already). Perhaps place it in a cache near a station which may get it closer to Sydney.