Trackable placement in a non published cache that has been queued

MarcoIslandGirl(MIG)

As TriciaG has written, assuming that the trackables are in your inventory virtually, and in your cache physically, post a new log.

Pre-publication  logs available are Write Note (this will stay on the page at publication) Post Reviewer note,  or Archive.  You can drop trackables with any of those logs.  There's a Post Reviewer note log option in the Admin Tools box - but once on the logging page, the pull down offers those log types.

15 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

Go to the cache page and write a note. You can drop the TBs then, via the Note log.

Don't forget that writing a note sets the trackable back to the beginning of the reviewing queue. You can wait until the publish before officially dropping them.

But if it takes a long time before the publish please inform the trackable owners what you did with their trackables. It is more important that this owner knows what is going on (it is her or his TB and everyone else is just carrying it) but the other cachers. But I do not see any problem if the publish comes within some days.

Jochen

35 minutes ago, frostengel said:

Don't forget that writing a note sets the trackable back to the beginning of the reviewing queue.

I'm not really sure that's the case. 

Reviewers have the ability to filter the overall review queue to only show the caches in their respective territories.  As of this post, there are upwards of 7,000 unpublished caches that have been submitted for review, but each reviewer covers specific areas and has the ability to filter the master queue down to only those areas and only see the caches they need to worry about.  So even assuming arguendo that posting a note affects where a cache stands in the overall queue, I do not believe it would really affect things.   

Here, though, it seems moot.  First, the Manitoba queue is currently not very long.  Second, and more importantly, as the reviewer already indicated to the OP, the cache in question is already set to publish around a set time and has been locked by the reviewer.  So there may not be an option for the CO to write a note until the cache is published.

@MarcoIslandGirl(MIG) - since your reviewer let you know approximately when your cache will be published, recommend you watch your email and leave a note to drop the trackables as soon as it does.

Edited by geoawareUSA9

So what happens when you drop a TB in an unpublished cache?

If you look at the TB's page, you'll see.......a link to the cache where it resides?

If you click on it, is that a backdoor into seeing an unpublished cache page and getting a jump on the location?

Will the TB's history give you a distance from the previous cache? Again, an 'advantage' into a new cache?

I remember there was a forum thread about this recently, but I don't remember the answers.

Hi TeamRabbitRun

QUOTE:  So what happens when you drop a TB in an unpublished cache?

If you look at the TB's page, you'll see.......a link to the cache where it resides? -> yes, and that link will tell you that you cannot view unpublished listing

If you click on it, is that a backdoor into seeing an unpublished cache page and getting a jump on the location? -> no

Will the TB's history give you a distance from the previous cache? Again, an 'advantage' into a new cache? -> yes.

However, think of it this way. You'd have to start with, "look at the TB's page" - how many TB pages do you look at?  Even knowing that MarcoIslandGirl(MIG) has successfully logged trackables into an unpublished cache there's a LOT of work to do with this info. Her owned trackables? others she's picked up?  You'd have to go to her profile checkall  the trackable she owns or has handled ever to see, "the TB's page".  You'd be looking for more recent logs of course, which would help, but you're still opening a lot of TB pages, and then you'd have to click the link of cache she placed in - nothing on the TB page indicates status of cache.

If you didn't know that she had logged a TB into an unpublished cache, how would you just happen to be on the TB's page?  I'd guess this would come up maybe if a TB you owned was dropped into an unpublished cache.  Hey, if it's close enough to fight the extremely vague location info that can be extracted, what the heck - you could try to take advantage of the info

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:43 PM, Isonzo Karst said:

Hi TeamRabbitRun

QUOTE:  So what happens when you drop a TB in an unpublished cache?

If you look at the TB's page, you'll see.......a link to the cache where it resides? -> yes, and that link will tell you that you cannot view unpublished listing

If you click on it, is that a backdoor into seeing an unpublished cache page and getting a jump on the location? -> no

Will the TB's history give you a distance from the previous cache? Again, an 'advantage' into a new cache? -> yes.

However, think of it this way. You'd have to start with, "look at the TB's page" - how many TB pages do you look at?  Even knowing that MarcoIslandGirl(MIG) has successfully logged trackables into an unpublished cache there's a LOT of work to do with this info. Her owned trackables? others she's picked up?  You'd have to go to her profile checkall  the trackable she owns or has handled ever to see, "the TB's page".  You'd be looking for more recent logs of course, which would help, but you're still opening a lot of TB pages, and then you'd have to click the link of cache she placed in - nothing on the TB page indicates status of cache.

If you didn't know that she had logged a TB into an unpublished cache, how would you just happen to be on the TB's page?  I'd guess this would come up maybe if a TB you owned was dropped into an unpublished cache.  Hey, if it's close enough to fight the extremely vague location info that can be extracted, what the heck - you could try to take advantage of the info

Thanks, IK - I have too much time on my hands. Too much "But what if...".