Improve Geocaching lists

Adler 12

I wish I could find something like sort to nearest to your home location in a bookmark list, which are sorted alphabetical by default.
It is very hard to find Caches near you if there is no possibility to sort by distance.
Yes, there is a way to do it. With a PQ you can do all those things but the handling of lists without this step would improve a lot.

• Upvote 2

One way to do this, if the list isn't too long, is to map the list using the new mapping tool. Go to the list of lists from your dashboard, open the hamburger menu to the right of the list you're interested in and select Map List.

image.png.21146bd6d17b81f70cc1c10e815ed74f.png

This will show the caches on the new search map (if you're opted into it) and in the left hand panel you can choose to sort by distance.

image.png.b995bd89e5cd0a9356d7155415efca8a.png

26 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

One way to do this, if the list isn't too long, is to map the list using the new mapping tool. Go to the list of lists from your dashboard, open the hamburger menu to the right of the list you're interested in and select Map List.

image.png.21146bd6d17b81f70cc1c10e815ed74f.png

This will show the caches on the new search map (if you're opted into it) and in the left hand panel you can choose to sort by distance.

image.png.b995bd89e5cd0a9356d7155415efca8a.png

I just realised this doesn't actually work. Although the heading in the left panel of the search map shows Sort by Distance, they're actually sorted by number of FPs, and if I then click on the Sort option to try to force it by distance, it brings in all the other caches in the area that weren't part of the list.