Garmin eTrextouch25 downloading problems

celtic rovers

Hi there, been geocaching for over 12 years, but my old Garmin GPS60 was outdated, so I purchased a eTrex touch25.  I can't seem to download any geocaches onto it.  I create a list, hit send to Garmin via Garmin express, and even though it says download complete the geocaches do not appear on my device.  Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong, or do I need to take it back to the shop?

I have a Garmin eTrex 30x. This is my first GPS device (other than my phone), and I'm attempting to transfer .gpx files from my laptop to my Garmin. I have the Garmin hooked up to my laptop. I have a pocket query saved on my laptop. However, my laptop wanted me to download some other program to read the .gpx files. I have the Garmin program open, but I don't see any folders to transfer anything to. Also, the pocket query file has vanished to someplace inaccessible on my laptop. I have the laptop's downloads folder open, and that file isn't even listed as the most recent file downloaded. This site has a page that tells me what programs I can use on a PC, but absolutely nothing about step by step instructions on how to get coordinates to a GPS device. A Google search gives me instructions from 2017, but those seem obsolete, because, apparently, at one time, one could transfer files directly from this site to a GPS device. Does anyone have a current tutorial? I'm assuming (rightly or wrongly) that the process should be the same for my device as it is for the original poster's device.