Place a cache on mobile?

TheGeoMan123

1 hour ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Well, phones do have web browsers.  You can create a listing on the website, using your phone and its browser.

Can you? I recall complaints that the cache submission process doesn't work on mobile browsers.

Not that I would try to submit a new cache listing with a mobile browser myself.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
On 3/31/2019 at 4:39 AM, niraD said:

Can you? I recall complaints that the cache submission process doesn't work on mobile browsers.

Not that I would try to submit a new cache listing with a mobile browser myself.

Placed one on Thursday using a mobile browser, easy as.  I believe it was a completely different story with the old version of the site though. 

• Helpful 1

If you can view the desktop version on mobile then yes it's possible.

But I wouldn't worry about creating the listing while mobile. All you need to do while mobile is get your best coordinates. Use any app with a GPS display to do that (again just make sure it's accurate, whether you use an averaging tool or whether that sort of thing is built into the device).

As long as you've got the coordinates you can create the listing on desktop later.

I use geosphere and just create my own waypoints where I want to mark potential cache locations unless I'm placing one right then and there - then create the listing when I'm back at my PC.

Edited by thebruce0

It's good to see such enthusiasm, but I'd suggest the OP might be wise to wait a while  and gain some more experience , he has found less than 10 caches in the couple of weeks he has been a member. Please give it a month or two at least, get out and find a variety of caches by as many different setters as you can, and then think about hiding a really good cache yourself.

Also waiting a while confirms that you are going to transform your initial enthusiasm into long term enjoyment, owning a cache is , properly done, a conmittment of time and effort.

I waited until I'd found 100 caches  to place my first one , and looking back at it now I would have done a better job if I knew more about effectively hiding stuff from muggles whilst still being easily got to by cachers.

• Upvote 2