Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bardenl

Help getting caches in list into pocket query

I will not have cell connectivity for my iPhone in the Galapagos next week.  I have printed a map with caches and put them in a List.  

Posted (edited)

Thank you.  The article refers to trails maps, but at first I couldn't find them.  The article says

switch to Trails to see your offline maps!

I tested with a local list to follow the steps and turned off all connectivity to my cell phone.  It worked, trail maps which I had never seen before came up automatically.  They are really cool.  Looks like the accuracy is 33 feet.

Edited by Bardenl

On 3/30/2019 at 11:14 AM, Bardenl said:

Thank you.  The article refers to trails maps, but at first I couldn't find them.  The article says

switch to Trails to see your offline maps!

I tested with a local list to follow the steps and turned off all connectivity to my cell phone.  It worked, trail maps which I had never seen before came up automatically.  They are really cool.  Looks like the accuracy is 33 feet.

Good idea to test this before you leave.  It will even work with your phone in airplane mode.  The accuracy of your phone should be roughly the same as it is from home.  When traveling I will often pay a bit closer attention to cache listings for any potential caches I might want to find.  Check the recent logs to see if the cache has recent finds or logs which might indicate that the cache is missing.   While you will have the cache data and maps online, the offline data does not include any photos from the gallery which might include images which can help you find the cache.