Toy exchange

chao0129

9 minutes ago, chao0129 said:

I am new so if this question has been answer before, please pardon me.

How to filter on the map to show only the geo catching location that has toy or stuff to exchange? 

The best way I'd know is filter out micros.    Swag simply won't often fit.  :)

No cache has guaranteed swag in it...

Realize that since this is a hobby that anyone can play, the odds that there's any swag in a geocache is up to the area they're located.

- If the community actually trades swag, and COs put things in when placing, it's a good thing.

First filter out micro and "other". "Other" is almost always a nano. 

1208896903_2019-03-2911_30_15-GeocachingAdvancedSearch_Findfilterandsortgeocaches-Opera.thumb.png.fdded8d05b09c9839c77b0dc6d607941.png

Then look at the photo gallery for each of the listings. There may be photos of the cache container. Example, this cache in your area is listed as small and it looks like it is a plastic jar big enough for toys/trinkets/trackables. 

207ba6f5-f65b-477c-94b1-b5a4eedd542c_l.j

But this cache is listed as small however the cache part is actually a bison tube. Not big enough for more then a tiny scroll of paper. 

d3e8e682-1847-4fcb-aa08-7a651894d84c.jpg

Also, if the cache is listed as small or larger, but description says "bring your own pen", it's likely too small for trinkets and trackables. 

Edited by L0ne.R
Fixed a sentence
4 hours ago, L0ne.R said:

First filter out micro and "other". "Other" is almost always a nano.

Well, depending on how things are done in your area. I've heard of some areas where COs always list nanos as "Other", but there are also many areas where it isn't used in this way. In my area, nanos are correctly listed as Micros.

That being said, filtering out Others is probably still a good idea, because it's an indication that the container may be non-standard and there's a good chance it wouldn't be able to hold swag.