Drafts not Synced with Website

sloth96

Right now the list of drafts in the android app is not matching the ones on the website.

Yesterday I was out caching with a partner app. I created 3 drafts and they went to the website.  When I went to edit them using the app they were not on the app.  This morning I then went and delete some older drafts through the website and they disappeared from the app as they should.

Huh?

Hi there!

Maybe I've had an issue that is somehow related... I saved drafts with the official GC app and logged them as found later on. They first increased the "found" caches statistics in my profile, but after visiting the website the logged caches vanished and the number of caches went down again in my profile in the app. The map still showed the cache as found (smiley) in the app.

Checking the link to the related thread, I tried logging out and in again in the app, and that fixed one thing: the logged cache turned into an unlogged cache again in the map.  ?

I found somebody having the same problem in this thread and kept searching the forum until I found this here. It only seems vaguely related, still I was wondering if you had an idea. Is there an issue with synchronizing between the app and your account?

Similar thing has happened to us!

Yesterday we found 10 caches, which should have taken our total from 71 to 81. I was using the official Geocache app, working from a list I'd downloaded ahead of the expedition. I saved each find as a draft and published them, via the app, when we got home. The first one has worked fine, but the following nine are a mystery! Our total has increased to 72; the drafts have gone; the caches show as smiley faces on the map... but our cache total has not increased fully and my beautifully crafted log notes aren't showing in the activity logs. It's a bit frustrating and I'm not really sure how to get it to all click into place.

Hi The3PCs, as much as I'd like to have better news, I think you'll have to log the missing caches again. To my experience the logs are lost. Your app will synchronize with the official database, turning the smileys into regular icons again on the map the next time you log out and in again in the app. There's a few people who've seen this problem, check out the other thread I mentioned. The "drafts" are currently best used just as a marker in the app that you've found the caches (with the correct timestamp), but you better finalize the logs from the website afterwards. 

I'm updating to say that I'm still having some issues (or again having issues) with drafts and the website. Yesterday, I was out and created a draft. It synced to the website just fine. But, when I imported field notes from my GPS into drafts on the website, the full list did not appear in the app. Additionally, after I successfully logged all of my drafts via the website, the one draft I created in the app failed to disappear. In fact, the map wouldn't refresh marking all of my finds as smileys. So, there is some disconnect from which the app isn't pulling up-to-date information from the central database, but it is sending information just fine.

And just for reference, I am using the official app and I did force stop and cleared the app's cache. Deleting app data does fix the issue, but of course that resets the app as if it were installed fresh. Preferences and settings are lost.

Edited by Mineral2