Cache Carnival not working for me

blato

I'm a new member - started geocaching last Monday and went premium on Friday.  I'm loving this new hobby.  However, I'm not having any luck with the Cache Carnival.  As far as I can tell, my finds are not giving me any points.  I've got none of the souvenirs, even though I logged two 69 point caches on Monday.  When I click on the Cache Carnival in the Android app, I get an error message: "Something went wrong - this content could not be loaded".  When I try to load the leaderboard on the website, it just spins and nothing ever loads.

Am I doing something wrong?  Do I need to "join" events like the Cache Carnival before they work?  If so, how do I join?

Thanks!

Thank you!  I checked and I am allowing JavaScript. There may be some other settings problem, that I need to fix.  I guess I'll just need to be patient while the staff works on it.  If I figure it out, I will post the solution here for others who may need it.

One weird thing.  The app gives me the option to try reloading the leaderboard.  If this is pressed repetitively, it will occasionally briefly bring up the leaderboard for a split second before it goes back to the error screen.  So it is able to display the leaderboard, but something (a setting maybe) is causing it to go back to the error display.  The website doesn't do this - it just shows the spinning circle with no end.  This is true whether I view the webpage in Chrome or in Edge.

I really appreciate your effort to assist!

24 minutes ago, Yazz said:

It's not working on my computer, ipad, iPhone nor kindle fire. 

Tried to add you as a friend so I can view your stats on my end. Can any of your other friends see your leaderboard stats? Odd that you cannot see it on multiple devices. Have your tried IE, EDGE, and Chrome on your computer or is it a MAC and your using Safari?  You do have four souvenirs so it's obviously working in the background but it would be nice to see the points. 

Edited by flowten
14 hours ago, blato said:

I'm not having any luck with the Cache Carnival.  As far as I can tell, my finds are not giving me any points.  I've got none of the souvenirs, even though I logged two 69 point caches on Monday.

You should have 109 points so far by my math (50 x 2 for two caches with 50+ favorite points, 3 x 3 for three caches with no favorite points), which would get you the first four souvenirs.

The beginning period of a souvenir promotion is seldom flawless.  Groundspeak is running scripts to try and catch folks up.  If you don't have any points or souvenirs showing in a day or so, recommend you contact the Help Center:  https://www.geocaching.com/help/

Thanks everyone!  I just needed to be patient.  Not sure what Groundspeak did, but Cache Carnival is working for me now.  And I have the 109 points that I've earned so far.  Hopefully, it is working for others who had this problem also...or will be soon as they run more scripts. 

I don't have the souvenirs yet.  Do they post as soon as you earn them or at the end of the event? I don't mind waiting for them, just wanted to know how these things usually work.