Deleted Firmware - Explorist 110

decreag

So I was a dope and was trying to clean out my GPS and deleted the firmware off the unit.  I spoke with Magellan awhile ago, but they never helped me resolve the issue.  I downloaded the firmware update from the Magellan site; however, when I power on the unit and connect it to the computer, I do not get the option to "Connect to the PC." Therefore, I cannot install the update. I've searched all day and found one promising forum conversation, but that too was not working.  Any ideas how I can get the firmware installed?  I have another email into Magellan support, but thought I would check here too.  Attached is the picture of what I am looking at.

Picture1.png

You may have deleted some critical system files, but you can't delete "the firmware."

You got it to that stage, can you perform a factory reset from the menu at the top? That may replace the files that you deleted.

Does the Explorist 110 have an SD card slot? If yes, that will be how to get a new firmware file to install to the device. You'll need a microSD card and a card reader (and probably an SD adapter to fit into a full SD slot if your reader doesn't take micro SD directly).

Edited by Mineral2

No SD Card slot unfortunately.  Ok. so I have the firmware then.  I just don't have the software load that came with it.  

Whenever I hit any of the menu functions, it just goes back to that screen.  Those functions, except for Help and About are useless.