Cache Carnival - Scoring Points - 0 favorite points

Flow'n'Joe

When logging a geocache which hasn't earned any favorite points yet, I'm not rewarded any points on the Leaderboard. It says different in "About scoring" so I guess this is a bug?

Apart from that I'm getting the correct amount of points for any other geocache with at least one favorite point.

Me too.  I wasn't sure if it was because I had found two caches today in the 0-4 FP range, and maybe only the first one of them counted, but it sounds like 0 FP caches are not being awarded points. 

Slightly off on a tangent - does anyone know if FPs that you add while logging count towards the scoring in the leaderboard?  

For example, say I find a 9 FP cache and log it, awarding a fav point at the same time, would this count as a cache in the 5-9 range (earning 5 leaderboard points) or in the 10-24 range (10 points)? 

• Helpful 1
2 hours ago, cache_n_out said:

The souvenirs aren't showing up either.

24 minutes ago, rkbiggs said:

I reported this issue with cache carnival points via the help centre. I had an email back saying it was fixed, but no evidence of that in my account yet. At the moment I am 18 points down and a souvenir missing (first world problems!)

I just checked both of your profiles and I can see the new souvenirs. They don't always show up instantly. Sometimes it takes a minute.

48 minutes ago, The A-Team said:

I just checked both of your profiles and I can see the new souvenirs. They don't always show up instantly. Sometimes it takes a minute.

Not showing on my geocaching.com profile or on the app, even after signing out and signing in again.  I will check again tomorrow.  

5 minutes ago, rkbiggs said:

Not showing on my geocaching.com profile or on the app, even after signing out and signing in again.  I will check again tomorrow.  

When I look at your profile, I can see "Cache Carnival: Köln" as the second souvenir in your list. It's definitely there.

This is getting weirder. I just added a log for GC7D1DM which had 25 FPs (before I added another one), but the leader board still only gave me 3 points for it, taking my total to 34. But at the same time a pop-up told me I'd been awarded a souvenir for getting 50 points.

image.png.6e37d5b26393ac50bfca772168ca82c8.png

Edited by barefootjeff

I am having the same problem with missing points. The following is what is shown on my leaderboard, but I also logged GC81AYE and GC7T9KQ which had zero favourite points.

GC53DJ3   25/03/2019      3

GC81AZ8   25/03/2019      3

GC81AY5   25/03/2019      3

GC83PJ9   25/03/2019      15

11 hours ago, The A-Team said:

When I look at your profile, I can see "Cache Carnival: Köln" as the second souvenir in your list. It's definitely there.

Yes, that is what’s wrong.  I found 9 caches yesterday.  One had 23 FPs so it scored 10 points.  Another two had 3/4 FPs and scored 3 points each.  The other six had 0 FPs and should have scored 6x3=18 points, but scored nothing.  I should have 34 points total, but have only 16.  I should also have the first two souvenirs and have just the one you can see.  Can you guys fix this please?

Edited by rkbiggs
Typo

I found 51 caches on a NEW trail so most don't have fav points - I currently have 39 pts on my Leader-board lol. What is weird is that when I look at the 13 caches for which I was awarded points, two have one fav each, the other 11 have no favs. The other 38 caches haven't been recorded on the leader board at all. (I thought that I had been logging t0o early so some might have been missed but the leader board clock was active and the first log of the day and the last of the day is amongst the 13 recorded). A bit puzzled by this as clearly SOME zero fav caches have been awarded points but the majority have been totally ignored by the system.

I can figure this out to save myself so far..... I have logged 4 caches so far tonight (currently 21:25 on Tuesday here in AU) and one around midday. So far i've logged 2 found today, 3 for yesterday. The two today should be 3 and 10 points respectively, all 3 of yesterdays should be 50 points for a total of 163. I am showing 19 (but have earned the first three souvenirs suggesting I have at least 50 points). At one stage I believe my leaderboard was showing 66 points, and I havent deleted any logs. 2 of the 3 caches I logged to yesterday are showing, but only as 3 points instead of 50, the third isn't showing at all (GCKKTY). One of todays finds was a FTF, so had 0 FP's, but I got my 3 points for it no worries.

I am confused as hell, I still have another 10 caches to log from yesterday, a large portion of which are 50 pointers.

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 9.24.07 pm.png

I was wondering if my missing points from yesterday would be updated when I logged today's finds. But no. Today's have all registered and given the correct points (which sounds better luck than many are getting!) but the missing points from yesterday haven't appeared yet. Still a bug or two to be ironed out by the look of it. 

It seems like there are scoring issues every time this "leaderboard" is used for one of these promotions. Maybe it's time to retire it and put the effort into building a new one? Then you'd also be able to remove the unnecessary competitive portion and just have it show your own "score", which is all it really needs to show.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I logged 2 caches today, the first I have logged since the promo began, and they both scored correctly.  I plan to attend an event this evening, and that should earn the first souvenir unless we find a cache or two along the way before logging "Attended" at the event.

Scoring seems to be working correctly for me.

On 3/27/2019 at 7:59 AM, SnowstormMK said:

We have deployed a fix that should take care of all issues reported in this thread, can you please check and confirm that your scoring is as it should be?

My points did update correctly. It did not award the missing souvenir once it had recalculated (I passed 500 points when the script was run), it was awarded when I logged my next find though.

Logged 2 caches about half an hour ago, a 3 pointer found yesterday (27/3, it's Thu morning here in AU currently) and a 50 pointer I forgot to log from Monday. The 3 pointer showed up, the 50 pointer isn't showing on my leaderboard at all.

Cache: https://coord.info/GCH7J5

Log: https://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=c1d9723d-9583-4c12-b3d2-ffbf5b27c5de

edit: figured it out. I logged via the website, which applied the time of 00:00 on 25/3 to the log (leaderboard reset at 23:00 local time on 25/3). Changed my log time via cachly to 23:59 and it appeared immediately.

Edited by BFMC
On 3/28/2019 at 6:22 AM, Eucacher said:

I am not getting any leaderboard points even for a cache that has 100 favorites. Anyone else have this problem?

Did you already check the Cache Carnival FAQ to rule out the most likely issues?

My Leaderboard points aren’t correct. Help!

•     If you change a Note, DNF, or other log type to a Found it log, it will not be recognized on the Leaderboard.
  •     You may have found and logged a Lab Cache. At this time, the Leaderboard does not award points for finding Lab Caches.
  •     You logged on Monday, March 25 before noon UTC (convert to your local time here). We suggest that you wait to log until AFTER Monday noon UTC – which in some places like New Zealand is Tuesday at midnight – to log your geocaches. Otherwise the points will not count for the first week.
  •     You saved a Draft on a Monday, March 25 before noon UTC.

If you have already posted your logs, select “View / Edit Log / Images”, then click the pen icon and “Submit Log Entry” on the website. Your logs should now be counted towards your total.

11 minutes ago, PnavE_81 said:

I got 42 new points today and went from 11 to 53. The "ranking" correctly shows 53 points. However, I didn't get the 25 (Nice) and 50 (Venezia) souvenirs. Is there something wrong with souvenir awarding?

i have the same problem!