Distance Filter

sharkc

Is it possible to control the distance from 30 miles to another distance?  I also have difficulty increasing the distance filter from 30 to a larger amount.  No matter what I choose, the distance goes world wide.  How can I fix this?   

22 minutes ago, sharkc said:

Is it possible to control the distance from 30 miles to another distance?  I also have difficulty increasing the distance filter from 30 to a larger amount.  No matter what I choose, the distance goes world wide.  How can I fix this?   

Instead of using proximity to a center point (which might be derived from a place name such as Boise) you can limit search results to a region, such as Idaho.  

Are you trying to do this using an app (which one?) or the web site?

I'm using the Geocaching.com search function. I can alter the search radius to a wider value from my home origin, such as 60 miles, but the search engine always resets to a default radius of 10 miles and I have to change it again. My question is how can that wider radius search change be retained in the Geocaching.com search engine and not change back to the default?

I'm using the Geocaching.com embedded search engine addressed in this URL: "https://www.geocaching.com/play/search#Content and set the filters appropriate"

Here's my problem: I just changed the search engine's radius from the default 10 mi to 60 mi. I closed the browser that was open to Geocaching.com and then relaunched the browser again to Geocaching.com. The search engine is reset to its 10 mi default. How can my previous change to 60 mi be retained across browser invocations?

8 minutes ago, sharkc said:

How can my previous change to 60 mi be retained across browser invocations?

OK, you can't do that as the distance of 10 mi is the default value when opening the search page. But you can bookmark your 60 mi search as a browser bookmark, can't you?

Hans

Thank you, HHL! Setting a browser bookmark after changing the search radius works great! I have saved both a 60 mile radius and a 100 mile radius as separate bookmarks and they open Geocaching.com with those changed search values. Thank you again! You solved my problem!

Thank you again, Hans. I created a Geocaching bookmark folder a few minutes ago that so far only has the two search engine radius settings, but I will add more configuration bookmarks to that folder as I need them. It feels great learning something new!