marking challenges

rudaagats

Hi, i have searched the forum but was not able to find anything relevant. i was wondering if some can help me out on marking challanges. i have a few which i physically found but not yet qualified. so i would like to be able to marked somehow so i would know the difference. i did write a note but is there an easier/more clear way to mark them? i hope you get my "problem". Best regards Agata

The icon for a challenge is the same as a puzzle, the "unknown" question mark.  For those I have found but do not yet qualify for, I simply edit the coordinates using the pencil icon (on the website), but enter the same as the posted coordinates.  The icon on the map then shows as a puzzle piece rather than the question mark.

Yes, it can get confused with a solved puzzle, but clicking on the icon brings up the cache page/name and I know if it's a challenge or a solved puzzle.  This system works for me, and I offer it as a suggestion.  It may or may not be what you need.

• Helpful 1

13 hours ago, rudaagats said:

Hi, i have searched the forum but was not able to find anything relevant. i was wondering if some can help me out on marking challanges. i have a few which i physically found but not yet qualified. so i would like to be able to marked somehow so i would know the difference. i did write a note but is there an easier/more clear way to mark them? i hope you get my "problem". Best regards Agata

There are two ways I can think of to do this, see which one works for you.

1.  Create a bookmark list (can be done by going to your lists page and clicking the "New List" link, or by going to one of the challenges, clicking "Add to list," and then typing the name of the new list in the top block of the little pop-up that comes up -- see screen cap below).

Capture.JPG.2a920991a1c77d48295bdc744cd82743.JPG

You can use this list to track challenges you've found but haven't qualified for yet.  You can also create a pocket query from the list page by scrolling all the way down and clicking the "Create Pocket Query" box. 

Capture.JPG.a087c4cd7a9acbcb47a4ad421762b65f.JPG

You can then create a custom map view by going to the map view and clicking the Pocket Queries button. 

Capture.JPG.326e17858eedae3c3f5d186815e7e6ea.JPG

Capture.JPG.7da62adfec6b03f6ca53f1e4c6fda84d.JPG

Capture.thumb.JPG.807770c5542452882bf5b20fc3600ca9.JPG

2.  Log a note on each challenge cache you've signed but haven't yet qualified for.  Project-GC keeps track of all known challenge caches.  Logging a note when you find and sign the log for a challenge cache will populate a list at the bottom of the Challenges tab of your profile stats on project-GC (scroll all the way down).  If you've left notes on challenges you have not yet found and signed, you can keep those off the list by editing the notes on those caches and adding [NOT-SIGNED] to the text.  (This may be a paying member benefit, since I don't see that tab on your profile at present.)

Screenshot_20190322-102209_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9a60fdc06741d93281db15b8a08201d1.jpg

Edited by hzoi
  • Helpful 2

As hzoi has beautifully illustrated, I'd do this with a bookmark list. 

If the cache on your list is archived  you can still see it and still get to it and to log that find when you qualify.  I noticed that today, challenge cache was archived in 2015, but was signed by cacher on vacation in Florida in 2012.  Logged the find recently when finally qualified.

You can also use  correct coords  or write a personal cache note on each cache.   Has Corrected coords, or Personal Note are search terms,  and can be used to search for Mystery caches, keyword Challenge, that i have not found.  However,  Search  will not return archived caches.

8 hours ago, hzoi said:

There are two ways I can think of to do this, see which one works for you.

1.  Create a bookmark list (can be done by going to your lists page and clicking the "New List" link, or by going to one of the challenges, clicking "Add to list," and then typing the name of the new list in the top block of the little pop-up that comes up -- see screen cap below).

Capture.JPG.2a920991a1c77d48295bdc744cd82743.JPG

You can use this list to track challenges you've found but haven't qualified for yet.  You can also create a pocket query from the list page by scrolling all the way down and clicking the "Create Pocket Query" box. 

Capture.JPG.a087c4cd7a9acbcb47a4ad421762b65f.JPG

You can then create a custom map view by going to the map view and clicking the Pocket Queries button. 

Capture.JPG.326e17858eedae3c3f5d186815e7e6ea.JPG

Capture.JPG.7da62adfec6b03f6ca53f1e4c6fda84d.JPG

Capture.thumb.JPG.807770c5542452882bf5b20fc3600ca9.JPG

2.  Log a note on each challenge cache you've signed but haven't yet qualified for.  Project-GC keeps track of all known challenge caches.  Logging a note when you find and sign the log for a challenge cache will populate a list at the bottom of the Challenges tab of your profile stats on project-GC (scroll all the way down).  If you've left notes on challenges you have not yet found and signed, you can keep those off the list by editing the notes on those caches and adding [NOT-SIGNED] to the text.  (This may be a paying member benefit, since I don't see that tab on your profile at present.)

Screenshot_20190322-102209_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9a60fdc06741d93281db15b8a08201d1.jpg