The Broken Arrow

Dr. Isotope

Greetings.

After many months of design and collecting materials, I am proud to say that the Broken Arrow is now complete.

My plan to change the world will begin this Saturday evening. I have dreamed about this day for such a long time, I can hardly believe that it's almost here.

The only person that can ruin my plan is Voss Piety.

81732_1000.jpg

Be on the lookout for him, and remember that he can not be trusted. I am the one with the better plan. I am the one to be trusted.

One way or another, the world will change after the Broken Arrow event. How it changes, will be up to you.

I am in the final stages of preparing puzzles for you to solve. Prepare yourselves for a Geocaching event like no other. This day will be remembered.

See you Saturday.

Dr. Isotope

[This message was edited by Dr. Isotope on May 30, 2003 at 10:02 AM.]

Trust is a fickle thing good doctor. Trust is attributed to many things in this world, but you are not deserving of such an honor.

(and neither is the lock to your lab).

If you want to know the real truth.. look for whats missing.

And since you have revealed my features, I feel I should do the same for you..

81749_1300.jpg

Cachers, do not listen to this deceiver. His plan is flawed, his goal is twisted.

Friends: Follow me this Saturday to know true victory, As we cannot fail.

>Voss<

[This message was edited by Voss Piety on May 30, 2003 at 10:40 AM.]

So Dr I. we are ready. Bring it on. Just don't use any recently acquired bunsen burners in your plan they are loyal to me icon_wink.gif.

Voss should we bring any of the decoder stuff we have acquired over the last six months to help with the plans.

Who should you trust, not the old people. We may be slower but are smarter and have better insurance. frog.gif

See you all there.

I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back, please keep me here.

hehehe... bunsen burners... hehehe

Finally, after 4 months of build up and anticipation, it's finally here! We're looking forward to the BA, but we'll have to duck out before the Apparatus icon_frown.gif The starlight parade calls!

"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."

Yeah, sorry to see you race off to the starlight, but I am sure you will find all the info for this APPARATUS from the participants.

I am telling you, if it functions like I designed, well, then it worked...icon_wink.gif

What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup? Anyone can roast beef.

Alright, I know this post is about the Broken Arrow... which was a BLAST... well... it wasn't a BLAST, but that's kinda what made it a blast.

ANYWAYS!!! I need details about the apparatus! I didn't want to leave, but, well, I promised Joy we'd go the Parade... all you married men understand... right?

DETAILS!

There's a couple that Bazzle posted with the captions "Jason dissarming the bomb". My back's kinda turned, and I'm wearing sunglasses, so you could probably tell them that it was you, and that you've asked everyone to call you Jason. But really, all I did was take out the screws... I left the risking getting blown up part to you two.

quote:
Originally posted by Wander Lost:

I don't have any handy for the Broken Arrow but http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cachelog_details.asp?ID=241382&L=1495226 is a good one of the aftermath of Capture the Apparatus.

http://home.attbi.com/~wander-lost/smile02.gif We're all here, because we're not 'all there'.

http://www.geocachingwa.org

Man I am REALLY sorry about that once again. I see he was even on my team... I hope he does not kick my *** next year icon_eek.gif.

Next year I will provide safety lights for the shorter members of our game icon_wink.gif

And sorry Kiwi, I did not get any stills of the actual disarming. But I got it all on tape, so when the video is released you should have your proof icon_biggrin.gif

My mind not only wanders...

Sometimes it leaves completely...

**Namaste**

quote:
Originally posted by bazzle:

Man I am REALLY sorry about that once again. I see he was even on my team... I hope he does not kick my *** next year icon_eek.gif.

**Namaste**

Don't worry. He was fine five minutes after it happened. Later that night (around 1:00 am) he was still up and playing around. I just couldn't resist posting the picture. icon_biggrin.gif

smile02.gif We're all here, because we're not 'all there'.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Wander Lost:

quote:
Originally posted by bazzle:

**Namaste**

Don't worry. He was fine five minutes after it happened. Later that night (around 1:00 am) he was still up and playing around. I just couldn't resist posting the picture. icon_biggrin.gif

http://home.attbi.com/~wander-lost/smile02.gif We're all here, because we're not 'all there'.

http://www.geocachingwa.org

I figured he would be, he is a tough little guy icon_smile.gif. Still felt bad though... The pic really does some up the event for many of us though I think. Young and old alike, we worked and played our hearts out that day. And I agree, he should get to log it twice icon_wink.gif

**Namaste**

Count me also as feeling bad for him. As I was trying to put out one of the pulsating fires, I saw him in MisguidedOnes arms.. HOLY smoke I felt bad. But he is a little trooper, and I imagin he will be chasing Bazzle and I around with a BIG stick next year. EEK

Oh, and he can post 2X. I aint tellin!

quote:
Originally posted by Team JOYSON:

There's a couple that Bazzle posted with the captions "Jason dissarming the bomb". My back's kinda turned, and I'm wearing sunglasses, so you could probably tell them that it was you, and that you've asked everyone to call you Jason. But really, all I did was take out the screws... I left the risking getting blown up part to you two.

_"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."_

Um, to put it nicely, you still have hair icon_frown.gif

I finally uploaded a couple of pictures - I got a good close-up of the device while you're trying to unscrew something - No faces though, just lots of hands. That's just not going to wash with the boss... frog.gif

I took very few pictures the whole weekend - must have been too busy. That's a good thing!

hept-hole.gif

Well... I guess I focused and stressed too much about the Broken Arrow event... So much so that it effected my job... I just got fired!

So... Anyone out there have any positions available? Since I don't have a big event to focus on, I can be a good employee again.. I swear!

-fractal

After a year and a half of knowing you, fractal, i'm still not quite sure what it is you do for a living. Is this it? Or is it more like this?

At any rate, i wouldn't worry about your employment situation too much. I'm sure someone will eventually make an event cache dedicated to it.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Major bummer about the job fractal! I am sure that something else will come along soon for you. But I am thinking that maybe the yellow hair will have to go... for interview purposes icon_wink.gif

**Namaste**

quote:
Originally posted by kiwimonster:

Um, to put it nicely, you still have hair icon_frown.gif

Tell them that it just goes to show what being in such close proximity to THAT much radiation can do!

Sorry to hear about the job Fractal. We'll keep an ear out for any mad scientist positions opening up. Just think of all the time you'll have now to come up with new cache ideas? Or actually find some caches for a change.

Thanks for the words of encouragement... I've updated my resume and already applied to a company right across the street from my last job...weird.. heh

I've worked in high-tech manufacturing since 1993, and I have excellent PC skills. If anyone want's to help me in my search, I would be glad to send you a copy of my resume. So, feel free to contact me icon_biggrin.gif

-fractal

[This message was edited by fractal on June 04, 2003 at 12:11 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Team JOYSON:

We'll keep an ear out for any mad scientist positions opening up.

That reminds me: A friend of mine is an actual mad scientist. He goes around to all the (better-funded) schools in the metro area and does scientific demonstrations in front of school children--all while dressed in a funky lab coat and such. He has to talk a lot like Voss while he's performing, too.

It sounds like a fun job: You know, dipping flowers in liquid nitrogen and mixing baking soda with vinegar in front of a bunch of 10-year-olds. I'm sure it would be a huge pay cut, but they're hiring again in August.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

Thanks for the words of encouragement... I've updated my resume and already applied to a company right across the street from my last job...weird.. heh

I've worked in high-tech manufacturing since 1993, and I have excellent PC skills. If anyone want's to help me in my search, I would be glad to send you a copy of my resume. So, feel free to contact me icon_biggrin.gif

-fractal

[This message was edited by fractal on June 04, 2003 at 12:11 PM.]

And after that, find out if they have a spot for a friendly customer service person. I'll be available in November.

smile02.gif We're all here, because we're not 'all there'.

icon_geocachingwa.gif