Can't delete smiley

I accidentally logged a find on the wrong cache, using the app.  Couldn't find a place to delete the log, so I went online and deleted it.  The smiley still appears on the map, even though the log was deleted.  So, I thought I'd try to log a note as a draft to see if I could get the smiley to change.  Sure enough, but now it has changed to a blue exclamation point (I did not log the note, just saved it as a draft).  Okay, now, let's go back to the website to see if I can bring up the draft note and delete that to see what happens....no saved note to be found.  So, I went back to the app and looked all around...I have no log or note posted, but now, I have to look at that blue exclamation point.  Don't know why it's not refreshing...I waited 24 hours and still no luck.  All info appears to be correct on the website but not the app.  What am I doing wrong or is this just a glitch in the app?

I am having this same issue. I didn't try all the steps that you did, but I deleted the log and then when I attempted to actually find it, it was a DNF. So, it's logged correctly now, but it's still showing as a smiley on my app. Please let me know if you discover anything new.