Event times - reverting from Daylight Saving Time?

hunterKat

I use the Add To Calendar feature for events, and was so happy when a recent change brought the actual event time to my calendar.

However, since we set the clocks forward to Daylight Saving Time, the posted event times are showing up in the calendar event as one hour prior to the stated time.  So for an event posted as starting at 6pm, it shows up on the calendar as 5pm.  Now I'm right back to having to edit the calendar again to set the correct time for each and every event I save.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Is this a bug, or intentional?

I am afraid that this is one of the side effects of a feature that has been introduced without a proper assessment of the potential downsides. Anyone who has worked with time zones knows that it is not easy to decide what is right to display and even harder to test what is shown in different parts of the globe. For me I think it would be a lot easier if this unasked for event time feature was removed. If not then confusion will abound and folks will actually miss events.