She got 25 caches in one day

Lazyboy & Mitey Mite

A user from the Klamath area did something that's hard for me to believe. I wake up this morning and see that a Missnomer has grabbed TEN of my caches in a row. Well a little investigation shows that she got 25 caches on this day. She also managed to plant some caches along the way. She has 120 caches and has only been doing this for a couple of months.

Makes me seen pretty backwards.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Well, I think to only way you would really be able to determine if that Cacher did get to all those Caches in one day, would be for you to check all of the 10 Caches you own. If she did not log her visit in the log book, then delete her on-line log. That is your option as the owner of the Caches. If some one had logged a find on my caches, but did not log it in the log book. then I would delete them.

That is just me though,

Frank

IdahoMan

IdahoMan@cableone.net

Lewis Clark Valley GeoCachers

Before getting to pessimistic about finding a lot of caches in one day consider a couple of possibilities. If the caches only require a short walk and are within 10 to 15 minutes driving time of each other on average, 25 finds is not too unreasonable. Another possibility is that after a couple day cache hunting trip, the person made all the log entries on the same day and didn’t change the date from the default setting.

14286_300.JPG

Gee Idaho Man you don't trust people do you? icon_wink.gif

She took off at 6am and cached til the sun went down. She did take the shorter drives and walks to get to the caches. She also planned well and didn't do any caches that required a long walk. I'm really impressed with the effort it took to do this though. We have a lot of caches in this area, especially over the hill in Klamath Falls.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Definitely not crazy...although some might say a bit 'obsessive'...aw heck, I'm just havin fun, guys! geesh!

It's all about organization and a playing with a new GPS. Just got the Garmin V and had to give it a good test drive! heheh

The night before was well spent by planning a route, printing maps and cache reports, looking for 'easy' targets and fairly 'close-in' to the roads traveled. Even had a few that were 'off the beaten path'. And being such a newbie, it's not difficult to log bunch in this area, since Southern Oregon is a real 'Hot spot' for caching!

It also helps to raid with an 'experienced' cacher, the KF_Quad Explorer is a master at this, so I learned a lot of really good tips along the way!

As far as planting caches while caching...well, my motto is: It's always good to give back to something that gives you so much joy!

-missnomer

btw, you can check all 120 log books and you will surely see my name and date in them icon_cool.gif

Good for her.

As for getting 25 in a day, as Red and I did 30 in 2 days, 15 each day, and we started at 9:00 am and not 6:00 am and we had to stop at dark at 6:00 pm and we drove down there from Bend and as she planned and plotted and picked and choice, I wonder why she did not get 30 or better. Oh well, once she gets out from under the influence of Quad and Bufford and Gloom, Maybe she will one day get good at it.

quote:
Originally posted by logscaler:

... once she gets out from under the influence of Quad and Bufford and Gloom, Maybe she will one day get good at it.

Hey now! I resemble that remark!

LB&MM: I sure hope she'll be on her meds, otherwise I'd be afraid to go!

My record for one day is 18. That was in Bellevue, Washington--a wet-side urban area.

I've been telling Laurencat that we would beat this record when we visited Klamath Falls next month because every time you bring up 97601 (is that right?) there are approximately 2.6 billion caches within 100 miles.

But tonight i started reading the actual descriptions of these caches and have found that even some of the seemingly easy virtual caches have unexpected twists to them. Sheesh, we'll be lucky to find three in one day.

We plan on coming down to K-Falls next month to spend a week camping, motelling, and caching--but not necessarily in that order.

My only hope is that you Klamath Falls people have as much trouble up here in Portland as we're sure to have in your neighborhood.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Heck, me and Steak did 12 while night caching in Grants Pass! Most of those were the "I hate I-5" series and most of the others were near the freeway if not right off of it.

Oregone... you'll be hitting KF next month? So, does this mean that you AREN'T making the trip to Karen's Klamath Cache challenge by May 10th...??? Hmmm???

Inquiring minds...

And you'd better let us know the date you'll be there, maybe we'll see you at some caches? What's the address of a good brewery? How about a sushi cache in Ashland? I'm up for that!

quote:
Originally posted by The GeoGadgets Team:

Oregone... you'll be hitting KF next month? So, does this mean that you AREN'T making the trip to Karen's Klamath Cache challenge by May 10th...??? Hmmm???

It looks like Laurencat and I are hitting Klamath Falls for a week or so beginning either May 11th or May 18th, depending on a few variables.

But I don't think we're up for 25 in one day in such foreign surroundings. The elevation change alone is enough to make us winded after 5.

I've been slowly checking out some of the caches, however, and i think i already know where a few of the urban ones are since i spent a few days in the area last july. We're definitely looking forward to it.

Tell me, are there crabcakes in Klamath?

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Was just reading through the latest cache logs page and a cacher named BruceS kept poping up. Did some counting and just from what was listed on the page he hit 53 found and 3 not found on 4/13-4/14 icon_eek.gif! I don't know the circumstances but dadgum that's a lot! Oh, I guess I should say that they were all around the Nashville, TN area.

bounce.gif Gloom

[This message was edited by Gloom on April 17, 2002 at 02:56 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

But I don't think we're up for 25 in one day in such foreign surroundings. The elevation change alone is enough to make us winded after 5.

Don't know why... I find this REAL hard to believe!

quote:
Tell me, are there crabcakes in Klamath

Not that I know of... but as I said, there is always sushi. How's about a crab roll?

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

geobutton1.gif

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

It looks like Laurencat and I are hitting Klamath Falls for a week or so beginning either May 11th or May 18th, depending on a few variables.

Hey oregone, if you make it down on the 10th you can take part in Dash for Cache 2 (GC40F0). The actual dash will be on the 11th, but you'd need to be here on the 10th to plant flags. Unless, of course, the Quad will grant you an exemption to that.

bounce.gif Gloom

I noticed my name brought up a couple of times in this forum. Well I just want to thank Lazyboy for setting the record straight. Missnomer and I did hit alot of caches in one day. Anybody can go and check. Like Nomer stated we did a night of planning, and new before hand that we wouldn't spend much time looking for any one cache. In fact we even got skunked on one. We were on the wrong side of the Rogue River with time running out to get home before dark. We had a great time, and if out of towners need some helpful advise on making a raid down here I would be glad to help them out.

You hide it and I'll try and find it. GARMIN V guy.gif

Bringing this back from the dead to show how 10 years changes things!!

Yeah, back then it wasn't possible to exhume threads that had been dead for ten years. tongue.gif

Back then it wasn't possible to find a quadzillion caches in a day. And more of the caches were actually worth finding. Aside from that? The thread seems pretty familiar. Thanks for bringing it back just to show the challenges we face today really aren't much different from those we faced 10 years ago.

25 doesn't seem too unbelievable. There's a challenge cache called Challenge: 29 not too far away from me that requires you to find 29 caches on the 29th of any month, two of them needing to be different types from the rest. (so at least 3 different types of those 29)

So far 12 people have already found it. Some found well over the needed amount, the last log found 50 in a day!

25 doesn't seem too unbelievable. There's a challenge cache called Challenge: 29 not too far away from me that requires you to find 29 caches on the 29th of any month, two of them needing to be different types from the rest. (so at least 3 different types of those 29)

So far 12 people have already found it. Some found well over the needed amount, the last log found 50 in a day!

At least not ten years after the original post for this thread.

when we found 101 in a 24 hour day even a few years ago, I thought that would never be replicated again, or at least not beat by much.....course, that was before I imagined these power trails.

I still haven't imagined power trails. Let's make a pact to not imagine them forever.

I'll gladly sign that pact! :lol: