is there any way to navigate from the lab cache app

I went to the Texas Challenge in Denton Texas last weekend. Had a blast and tried out the new lab cache app for the first time. I ran into a major annoyance. I could not find any way to navigate in the app beyond the compass, which doesn't cut it when you are going two or three miles in an unfamiliar city. I couldn't find any way to send the coords to a navigation app not could I even copy and paste the coords. Anyone know of anything I missed so I will know next time or is this just a feature that really should be in the app that isn't? Thanks

• Upvote 1
On 10/19/2019 at 7:04 AM, antnich said:

Agrre, the mapping is dreadful. We've just done an adventure in woodland and the lack of maps makes it very tricky to use. Each station's coordinates had to be converted to Deg/min/dec  minutes from google maps, then put into geocaching app as a waypoint. Grrrr!

We actually added the ability to navigate to a location many months ago. Look for the BLUE ARROW. When you select the blue arrow, you will get a pop up that allows you to select one of the map navigation systems on your phone. See image below for an example. 

BBD30F58-0DE1-49B8-BD4D-C6CA540998EE.jpeg

On 10/21/2019 at 3:32 AM, Frau Potter said:

We actually added the ability to navigate to a location many months ago. Look for the BLUE ARROW. When you select the blue arrow, you will get a pop up that allows you to select one of the map navigation systems on your phone. See image below for an example. 

BBD30F58-0DE1-49B8-BD4D-C6CA540998EE.jpeg

Please please help me with this! I used to get these options appearing when tapping the arrow - giving choices of using compass or google maps etc amongst others - and 'just once' or 'always' - I no longer get these choices appearing and the only navigation is with the compass - no use when I am driving between ad lab locations and need directions. I suspect I may have tapped 'compass always' in error. How do I get the Ad Lab to offer the navigational options again? I have gone through all settings in the Ad Lab and also looked on my Android phone settings and have tried various things but nothing has worked. Can you or anyone please advise!! 

22 minutes ago, Mumandjack said:

Please please help me with this! I used to get these options appearing when tapping the arrow - giving choices of using compass or google maps etc amongst others - and 'just once' or 'always' - I no longer get these choices appearing and the only navigation is with the compass - no use when I am driving between ad lab locations and need directions. I suspect I may have tapped 'compass always' in error. How do I get the Ad Lab to offer the navigational options again? I have gone through all settings in the Ad Lab and also looked on my Android phone settings and have tried various things but nothing has worked. Can you or anyone please advise!! 

I don't get map choices but I do get driving directions on maps. Do you not get this when you click on the blue arrow? I've been looking in my Android settings and have not seen a way to change navigation options. Sorry.

Screenshot_20220604-094757.png

Edited by Max and 99

Open the AL and click the arrow in the right bottom corner

1.jpg.d7952d7cefeb49f6629efea3eef7b0b7.jpg

Select "Maps"

2.jpg.8d670d9e16cffe60e5dced9290f2227d.jpg

Here you have the option to select going by car, bike or walking  (sorry for the spelling error, choose is correct)

3.jpg.1505e25cf5d7fb9821cbe872fe6b20a4.jpg

Or if you prefer, walking

4.jpg.a670d32dbc204ae6e9443fb86bcf002a.jpg

now you see the path you just have to follow.

5.jpg.faa47ad43ee211054c788a738937c085.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mausebiber said:

Open the AL and click the arrow in the right bottom corner

1.jpg.d7952d7cefeb49f6629efea3eef7b0b7.jpg

Select "Maps"

2.jpg.8d670d9e16cffe60e5dced9290f2227d.jpg

Here you have the option to select going by car, bike or walking  (sorry for the spelling error, choose is correct)

3.jpg.1505e25cf5d7fb9821cbe872fe6b20a4.jpg

Or if you prefer, walking

4.jpg.a670d32dbc204ae6e9443fb86bcf002a.jpg

now you see the path you just have to follow.

5.jpg.faa47ad43ee211054c788a738937c085.jpg

what you are showing here in the screen shots is what USED to happen for me, but now when I click the arrow no choices appear and the compass only opens automatically. How do I get the choices to appear again so I can select google maps for driving directions?

18 minutes ago, Mumandjack said:

what you are showing here in the screen shots is what USED to happen for me, but now when I click the arrow no choices appear and the compass only opens automatically. How do I get the choices to appear again so I can select google maps for driving directions?

well I have been fiddling - and somehow I have managed to get it back. I think I turned off all permissions for all apps on my phone - then went back into my phone settings >apps>ad lab> and turned on permissions. Then went to an Ad Lab and tried navigating by clicking on the blue arrow and the choices appear again. Phew . Only took me a few months of frustration to get it working how I want again!

Screenshot_20220604-165331_Android System.jpg

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

What is showing in your app in place of the blue arrow? Is it completely blank? Any chance of seeing a screenshot?

Screenshot_20220604-104701.png

thanks for your responses - I have fixed it - not exactly sure of all the steps I did as I was going into all sorts but something worked - see my post below - and the choices now reappear when I tap the blue arrow - screen shot added - thanks again