Recording time in small data field on GPSMAP 66

On the recording control screen, when recording a track, the elapsed time of that activity is shown.  If you pause or stop recording, the time stops counting.  When you start recording again, the time picks up counting where you left off.  I am trying to get this track activity recording time displayed in one of the small data fields on the map screen. I have the activity distance working in one of the small data fields, but can not get the activity time. 

Many of the time options for the small data fields will reset to zero when you save or discard an activity but none that I can find will match the time seen on the recording controls screen.

Edited by Cheminer Will
3 minutes ago, HHL said:

Data Fields Reference (click here)

"Trip Time" looks challenging.

Trip Time can be put into a small data field.  But if you stop the recording on the recording control screen and go back to the Map screen, the Trip Time in the small data field is still counting.  So you can stop the recording, but trip time in the small data field continues.

If you clear the recording data on the Recording Control page, that does reset the Trip Time.  But what I am trying to get is a small data field for time that mirrors the time on the Trip Recording page.  When Recording Page is stopped, small data field time stops.  When Recording Page is resumed, small data field time resumes.

Check to see that there is an option to sync the trip computer with track recording data as you can with the Oregon units. Then everything should match up.

Under Setup > Recording > Advanced > Trip Recording: Set it to "During Activity" and I believe that will sync the trip computer with the activity recording (Track recording).

Edited by Mineral2
52 minutes ago, Mineral2 said:

Check to see that there is an option to sync the trip computer with track recording data as you can with the Oregon units. Then everything should match up.

Under Setup > Recording > Advanced > Trip Recording: Set it to "During Activity" and I believe that will sync the trip computer with the activity recording (Track recording).

Thanks!  This was it.