Can we stop the 'wobbling & rotating' when a new waypoint has been added to a cache?

BeavisAndButthead71

Since the new update on the official Geocaching app occurred, we have found that when we enter a new waypoint or edit the existing waypoint on a cache and then click go, the resulting screen 'wobbles' and 'rotates' as you follow the pointer.  Is there any way to disable the 'wobbling' and 'rotating'?  We have spoken to several cachers using the official Geocaching app and they all say the same thing. 

If we're talking about the same thing, in the upper right hand corner of the screen is a location/pointer widget (right above the tile map widget). If you tap on that widget, it will cycle through three different pointer settings.

One is just a static zoom to where you currently are, so if you scroll around the map, you can just zoom the map back to where you are currently located.

One locks the app to your location as you move but doesn't rotate the screen and the third is one that it locks onto your location but orients the screen to a set direction as you move the phone around. 

I'm with you in that I don't like that third option. I am sensitive to motion sickness and seeing my screen rotate that freely makes me feel queasy. 

1 hour ago, Crow-T-Robot said:

If we're talking about the same thing, in the upper right hand corner of the screen is a location/pointer widget (right above the tile map widget). If you tap on that widget, it will cycle through three different pointer settings.

One is just a static zoom to where you currently are, so if you scroll around the map, you can just zoom the map back to where you are currently located.

One locks the app to your location as you move but doesn't rotate the screen and the third is one that it locks onto your location but orients the screen to a set direction as you move the phone around. 

I'm with you in that I don't like that third option. I am sensitive to motion sickness and seeing my screen rotate that freely makes me feel queasy. 

I have just looked and can only see 3 widget thingy bobs there as pictured but cannot see the one you are talking about?

54462566_664350797330658_6365026908584804352_n.jpg

Looks like the control icons for the Android have changed at some point. 

Maybe you want to switch from "Track Up" (map turns to follow your track), to North Up (map stays still).  I'm able to do that on the map page by pressing anywhere on the map, then when I release, there's a little "compass" in view.  Tap that compass, to switch to North Up.

Screenshot_20190316-161646-20190316-161752423.jpg

Edited by kunarion