Sign in to follow this  
Followers 11
CAVinoGal

Notified of "new" souvenir every time the app starts

I wouldn't be surprised if the problem occurs when :

1. The download of the souvenirs images was interrupted or was never initiated. 
    In that case, the notification would stay on all the time.
  2. A "clean up" software (like CCleaner) periodically frees up disk space by deleting the app's cache.
    In that case, the notification would reappear a few hours or minutes later.
  3. The yellow dot is mistaken for a souvenir notification when, in fact, it signals an incoming message.
    In that case, the notification would stay on until the user reads all his messages.

I was one of the early posts of this problem, but it seems to have been recently fixed for me.  But I also got a new phone recently (Android - Galaxy A50), so I'm not sure if it fixed because of the new phone or just because the issue was finally repaired right about the same time as I got my new phone.  Either way, the problem is finally gone for me.

même problème version 8.12.0 sur Android 9.0 , HUAWEI .P30 ..depuis des mois ...

I also had this problem several months ago.

If I recall correctly, I fixed it by scrolling the souvenir list all the way to the bottom of the list.

It was my impression at the time that by doing this, I kind of marked all souvenirs as 'seen', and that caused the "new" souvenir yellow dot to disappear.

After the problem was gone for a couple of months, it recently showed up again :mad:

Today I went into Android-settings-->Apps-->Geocaching.

Then selected Storage.

I cleared the cache, but this didn't solve the problem.

Then I went back to (Android-settings-->Apps-->Geocaching) Storage, and this time I cleared the Data.

I then had to re-login into the app again (the app has lost all settings, username/password and so on).

... but for now, the new souvenir notification is gone :D:P

Possibly this also works for others.

Let's see for how long this 'workaround' solves the problem...  fingers crossed :)

3 hours ago, The CEO said:

Then I went back to (Android-settings-->Apps-->Geocaching) Storage, and this time I cleared the Data.

I then had to re-login into the app again (the app has lost all settings, username/password and so on).

... but for now, the new souvenir notification is gone :D:P

Possibly this also works for others.

Let's see for how long this 'workaround' solves the problem...  fingers crossed :)

It worked for about an hour.  The "New souvenir" notification is back.

I'm the OP on this thread, over a year ago.  it was resolved for a while, but as others have noted, it's baaaaaack!  I've scrolled down as The CEO suggested a couple of posts back, and today I cleared the cache AND the data, relogged in to see the New notificaton gone, but then back again an hour later.  :::sigh:::  I got used to it before, I'll just live with it till it's fixed again.

Android app v 8.13.1

Google Pixel phone

Android 10

On 2/19/2020 at 12:36 PM, CAVinoGal said:

It worked for about an hour.  The "New souvenir" notification is back.

I'm the OP on this thread, over a year ago.  it was resolved for a while, but as others have noted, it's baaaaaack!  I've scrolled down as The CEO suggested a couple of posts back, and today I cleared the cache AND the data, relogged in to see the New notificaton gone, but then back again an hour later.  :::sigh:::  I got used to it before, I'll just live with it till it's fixed again.

I'm getting that too now. It tells me I have a new souvenir (the most recent was the 02/02/2020 one), I look at a bunch of them and it goes away apparently satisfied, but the next time I open the app it's back telling me I have a new souvenir. The trouble is that same yellow dot could also mean there's an unanswered message I need to look at, so I feel a need to check whenever it appears. Out, damned spot!

• Upvote 1