Geo Trails

Are you asking about an unofficial Geo Trail or an official Geo Tour?

Making an unofficial Geo Trail is as simple as selecting a naming convention for the caches in the series, and asking your reviewer to publish all of the caches at the same time, if desired.  If you'd like to offer any sort of reward for completion of all the caches in the series, additional considerations apply.  Did you have any specific questions?

• Helpful 1

Can you maybe define exactly what you envision when you say "geo trail"? Different people from different regions will probably consider this term to mean different things. Around here, a geo-trail is just the worn path through some bush to a cache that's been there for a long time, as in "I walked along the trail until I spotted the geo-trail leading to the cache".

Like Keystone said, do you mean a GeoTour (an official, paid series of caches approved by HQ), a power trail (usually a long series of identical containers placed 0.1 miles apart), a series (a bunch of caches fitting a common theme, but not necessarily meant to be found quickly like a power trail), or something else?

5 hours ago, pianogail said:

Please help me understand how to set up a Geo Trail.  I went online but am having trouble figuring out how to take myt Geocaches and turn them into a Geo Trail.  HELP!!!!????!!!!

If you mean GeoTours to promote your town, have a look here for more information: https://www.geocaching.com/play/geotours

I don't know if things have changed but they seem pricey:

But maybe it's a drop in the bucket if towns have large enough tourism budgets.