Caches not showing.

peem

I have an Oregon 700 and all has been fine until now. I did a factory reset and started all over again. Now although I have downloaded a small number of caches they do not show on the Oregon. I can see them on basecamp but not on the Oregon. I tried d/l them using a list and also one by one. Still the same.

That was last night. It also said connecting to the internet failed. I tried again and it said I was already connected!!

Today it gave me an activation code which I duly put in. I said it was a success but when I tap the Oregon to register it it goes to  'Retrieving account information screen' and it stays there. It's been on that screen for 30 minutes now. I've adjusted my search parameters in every way I can but still no joy.

It's up to date (Garmin Express says so). Software version 4.40.

I'm going on holiday on Sunday and I might have to go back to my old Etrex 10 if I cant sort it out.

Actually, both. I understand that they will only show if they are relatively close. Not so if in a distant country.

Strange thing is (well two strange things) I d/l one nearby cache a couple of hours ago and there it was showing on the Oregon. But now it's gone again. I can still see it in Basecamp.

Second thing although they don't show in the Oregon they do in the Etrex 10, distant country and close by. It's getting stranger and stranger.

57 minutes ago, peem said:

I've tried all filters with no change. I'll try the map zoom (makes sense) when I get back. I'm off to do a hospital visit.

If they are not showing on the map but they are showing in the geocache list, that is a hint that the issue is with the map zoom settings.

If they do not appear in the geocache list or map page, then you may have an unintentional filter set. Use the 'Show All" saved filter to restore all geocaches.

Apologies for the late reply. I was talking to another cacher and mentioned this problem. She had a look at my gps and fixed the problem with your solution with the 'show all'. Why didn't I see that when I was messing about with the filters. I thought I'd tried everything.

Anyway all is good now. Thanks for your help.