GEOBOX

Evil Tom

Hey everyone,

So what are everyone's thoughts on the geoboxes being sold by geocaching.com? I bought the first two. The first one was great it was random and a great price, the second they were all identical and a not so great price. the third one announced today is $60 for $80 worth of value. What are your thoughts my friends?

Content value is going up. I don't know... we'll see.

I know at least when they're so focused on trackables, it's not as interesting to me.  TBs aren't cheap (like cents or a couple of bucks) especially branded ones, so a box of special TBs, sure, may add up to a high value, but really it's only valuable to people who are interested in TBs. Hopefully this one won't be so TB heavy.

IMO, if there's a theme for the box, then that would help decide whether to get the box. This Spring theme is a good theme; so I hope and expect it'll be filled with a good variety of worthwhile spring-theme geocaching shtuff :)

1 hour ago, thebruce0 said:

Content value is going up. I don't know... we'll see.

I know at least when they're so focused on trackables, it's not as interesting to me.  TBs aren't cheap (like cents or a couple of bucks) especially branded ones, so a box of special TBs, sure, may add up to a high value, but really it's only valuable to people who are interested in TBs. Hopefully this one won't be so TB heavy.

IMO, if there's a theme for the box, then that would help decide whether to get the box. This Spring theme is a good theme; so I hope and expect it'll be filled with a good variety of worthwhile spring-theme geocaching shtuff :)

Frankly, I would rather that GS didn't send me unsolicited commercial email trying to sell me something.  

• Upvote 5
15 minutes ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

Frankly, I would rather that GS didn't send me unsolicited commercial email trying to sell me something.  

*blinks* Then unsubscribe. There's a link for that.

It's Groundspeak's mailing list for all its users. They really can send what they like, and we hit Delete on anything we don't like, or just opt out. It's not unsolicited. We signed up.

Is that really a legitimate complaint? Today? In today's internet? With so much experience with email? A website to which you are a member sends you email updates, which you can opt out of any time, the content of which you obviously ultimately don't have control (of course they could build in a topical list of emails you'd like to receive), and you're complaining that an email bringing to your attention a product they're selling to its users that helps them run their business is unsolicited?

Honestly, personally I whitelist everything I want to see first, and so much passes by my gaze I only tend to end up hitting an unsubscribe link (before Trash) if I start to get repeated spam from some unknown unsolicited source I didn't sign up for.

It's one email. Delete it. Ignore it.

Anyway.

I got one. So we'll see what its contents are like this go around!

ps. Every mailing email is trying to sell you something. Your continued membership to the website. Since you know, you can leave any time you like.

Edited by thebruce0
  • Upvote 2
On 3/13/2019 at 3:26 PM, NYPaddleCacher said:

Well, it worked on me. I'm in the process of putting out more caches for work on our new properties and saw the email. Ended up spending $100 in the store, got one box and some coins for event prizes when I'm done placing all of them. Though I wasn't spending my own money.... :D 

• Upvote 2