Question about Car Sticker TB.

Hello,

Quick question, opinions wanted.  I recently parted company with my car after three years.  The car has a TB sticker attached to it which I was unable to remove.

As the TB is no longer in my position I feel a bit weird that people can still log it even though it is no longer in my possession.

I have looked at the options on the page I have access to as the owner but I cannot see an option to disable it?  Should I leave it out in the wild to collect logs?  

Thanks.

RoswellJam  (Danny)

It's possible to lock a TB page (preventing further discovery logs etc). Click on the drop down list on the right hand side of the TB page, under Actions and select Lock.

... or you could make a new card for it to go in your new car and encourage people to log the code which now relates to the new vehicle. It won't matter too much that there are 2 cars out there as the old one probably won't get logged very often anyway, unless the new owner takes it to a geocaching event! 

Agree with mellers.  Lock it for now since it bothers you, though I'd think it odd if the new owner even had that decal still on it. 

You can still reuse it on your new vehicle, all you need is that code.  So maybe it won't have a scarab, but why does it have to ?  :)

Many decal sites will put your code on vinyl.  We head to ebay.

I don't mean to tell you how you should feel about it, but I'd be tickled by the idea of my car TB wandering the streets and getting reported even after it wasn't my car anymore. The only difference from a normal TB being released into the wild is that it won't be traveling from cache to cache. The only thing I'd do is change the description so people could see that it was loose and they shouldn't expect me to be driving the car.

You could have a new sticker made up and put in your new car,  some  of the online UK geocaching supplies shops will do it - just give them your TB code to print on it; or you could get your own made up by any number of online sticker companies (I had one made by vistaprint).

I would probably do this, and then ask on the TB page for people logging it to note which vehicle they spotted the TB on, it would be fun to see if the new car or the old car gets most finds, you might also get to see where your old car is going to (assuming the new owners don't remove the the sticker).

1 hour ago, dprovan said:

I don't mean to tell you how you should feel about it, but I'd be tickled by the idea of my car TB wandering the streets and getting reported even after it wasn't my car anymore. The only difference from a normal TB being released into the wild is that it won't be traveling from cache to cache. The only thing I'd do is change the description so people could see that it was loose and they shouldn't expect me to be driving the car.

Also, I’d add in the TB description that the driver will give you $20 if you yell “More Cowbell!!”.  I’m not suggesting it, but it’s what I would do. :)

• Funny 1