GSAK Problem in updating from oldest to newest

msbirdie

I would like to change my GSAK data from oldest caches to newest caches and I am not sure how to do this!  I am not good with working with GSAK, It was showing my latest caches at the beginning when I opened GSAK and then I have done something and changed it and I want to get it back to the way it was.

Can someone help me?

Click on any column heading to sort a GSAK database according to that column.  To reverse the sort order, click again.

The current column on which the sort is based will have an arrow indicator in the column heading.  A down arrow in a date column indicates sorting oldest to newest.  An up arrow in a date column indicates sorting newest to oldest.

• Helpful 1

You can sort on Found Date, but caches found on the same date won't get ordered from new to old.

Luckily there's a macro called FillFinds. It populates one of the optional data fields with the right order you logged your caches (to be exact: the hidden log ID behind it).

Add this field to your viewed columns (you can also rename it) and sort on it. In the database properties you can set it as the default order.

35 minutes ago, StefandD said:

You can sort on Found Date, but caches found on the same date won't get ordered from new to old.

That is NOT helpful as the TO wants to sort "from oldest caches to newest caches" which has nothing to do with found dates. :rolleyes:

@msbirdie: Follow Keystone's advice by clicking the column that holds the "Placed" dates. (The column is named "Placed" as well)

Hans

2 hours ago, HHL said:

That is NOT helpful as the TO wants to sort "from oldest caches to newest caches" which has nothing to do with found dates. 

8 hours ago, msbirdie said:

It was showing my latest caches

That could well be referring to found dates, but only msbirdie knows for sure.  Either way, they now have the solution.